Knight's pick 12-05-02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by 1Way
Klarky Cat - Not so, I guess more bright people are believing false things again. Your atomic clock demonstration is exactly the point I just gave. Objects that are under relatively different rates of acceleration experience relative forces upon their being. Time didn’t slow down, the clock did. Simplify. Pretend each clock was just one atom. You can measure the atom’s atomic energy by the rate of it’s components spin. Just call that it’s atomic rate of activity. The one that was subject to greater forces of acceleration, precisely as we would expect from all the known laws of the universe, slowed down slightly. Metaphorically, it was as if it was passing through mud instead of thinner water, or whatever. You take two gyroscopes, you spin them each exactly as fast, but the one you let alone to spin until it drops, the other you place in an environment that would place forces against it’s movement. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to determine which toy will spin faster and which will slow down quicker. The atomic rate of reaction in the one clock was predictably slower than the reaction is the other clock. This is not a measure of time, it is a result of one clock being subjected to forces that slowed it down.

I guess the buzz over letting Einstine’s non-sense die or not has not subsided, consider the more recent example over the issue of satellite communications. I can’t describe this one precisely, but the two sides set up their expectations when GPS was being implemented. One side posited that there would be some sort of time differential, and the other side said there would be none. Einstine lost that one again. Time is a constant, there is no respectable reason to believe otherwise. Can things apear to "age" differently due to "extreme" differences in atomic reaction? Yes, again, that is consistent within the known laws of the universe where time is considered a constant.

A car is going fast, the wheels are spinning fast, water is being thrown off the wheels as it drives through the rain soaked road, AND, the rain is going very fast, therefore perhaps it is water that making the car go fast. That is nearly the form of Einstines thinking, on this issue of the relativity of time. Go figure.

1Way

D

Dee Dee Warren

And I would have to respectfully disagree. Not that the post was not worded well, or presented well, but the premise is flawed.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren
And I would have to respectfully disagree. Not that the post was not worded well, or presented well, but the premise is flawed.
Uh oh...

Are you telling me your a time traveler?

Status
Not open for further replies.