Knight's pick 09-15-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MC has emerged as one of the all-time greatest truthsmackers in TOL history.
Fundamentalists like to claim that old testament law consists of moral and ceremonial laws. Wrong. Numbers 15:15 says all of God's laws are eternal and binding on all generations. Meaning if you are going to use Leviticus to condemn homosexuals, you better not be eating at the Red Lobster or shopping at Old Navy. You say "well the new testament says homosexuality is a sin too" Ok....then in that case, you better not cut your hair, ladies. If you are going to say I take it out of context, then prove it.

Numbers 15:15-16 (New King James Version)
15 One ordinance shall be for you of the assembly and for the stranger who dwells with you, an ordinance forever throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the stranger be before the LORD. 16 One law and one custom shall be for you and for the stranger who dwells with you.’”

Who is this verse addressed to? OT Israel.

So if I lived in OT Israel, having come there from some other nation, then yes, I'd be bound to their laws. Just as you're bound by the laws of any nation you relocated to or might visit on vacation this summer.

What's being lost here is that you argue since some laws don't apply to anyone but Israel, being symbolic or ceremonial, specific to them, then no Mosaic law can be adopted today. Which puts you at odds with all the laws the Mosaic law shares with the laws of just about every civilized nation on the planet. In other words, it's a dumb argument.
:first: POTD

Status
Not open for further replies.