Knight's pick 05-31-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Awesome! :up:
I see Memorial Day as a conscious decision to deny failure to those that die in battle for our country. I approve of this and celebrate Memorial Day for that reason. There's wisdom in that.

I'd be a lot happier though if we likewise celebrated our heroes, who triumph in battle and achieve glory or victory in the pursuit of their military duties. Failing to do this seems to me to distract somewhat from our celebration of those that fall in battle. To make note only of death in war and deny triumph is to dishonor both those that fall and those that fight.

I celebrate those who's lives were taken in our defense. I won't say "gave their lives" because I do not want to support the idea that our soldiers defend us by dying. Our soldiers bring death to our enemies and even those that fall do not fail.

So I celebrate Memorial Day by holding even our fallen up before the world as our champions. If even our fallen do not fail, then our army cannot fail. And if our army cannot fail, then we triumph before they even take the field.

I pray that God bless not only those that have fallen and the families of those that have fallen, but those who fight and their families as well. They are all our soldiers and our champions.
:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.