Knight's pick 04-16-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Classic smack from one of TOL's best....

Says Knapp, "The heartbreaking thing to me is that we're all hopelessly deceived if we don't think that there are people within our churches, within our communities, who want to hold on to the person they love, whatever sex that may be, and hold on to their faith. It's a hard notion. I think it's going to be shocking and feel like a betrayal to some people who live their spiritual lives through the music they listen to."
(source)

It's going to feel like a betrayal because it is a betrayal, you nitwit.

You know, I'd rejoice if she came out and renounced homosexuality. That'd be awesome. I'd start buying her music myself. But she's stubbornly holding onto it here and tossing it right up on the table in front of all her fans, hoping they'll legitimize it for her...:nono:

"The heartbreaking thing to me is that we're all hopelessly deceived if we don't think that there are people within our churches, within our communities, who want to hold on to the person they love, whatever sex that may be, and hold on to their faith."

What do you suppose this means exactly? :think:

Am I crazy in interpreting this as some seriously screwy moral relativism? That if we all just recognized and accept that there are Christians out there that regularly fornicate homosexually that'll make everything hunky dory? She even seems to think the reason Christians don't accept homosexuality has something to do with being unaware there are homosexual Christians. :doh:

"It's a hard notion", she says. Uh, no. It's a stupid notion. :mmph:

Very discouraging. :nono:
:first:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And Mary smacketh with perfect sense and reasoning once again. :up:

The Graphite

And Mary smacketh with perfect sense and reasoning once again. :up:

Ha! That reminds me of one of the kookiest definitions in my favorite work of satire, The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce... and it certainly fits the POTD, too! :eek:

Iconoclast, n. A breaker of idols, the worshipers whereof are imperfectly gratified by the performance, and most strenuously protest that he unbuildeth but doth not re-edify, that he pulleth down but pileth not up. For the poor things would have other idols in place of those he thwacketh upon the mazzard and dispelleth. But the iconoclast saith: "Ye shall have none at all, for ye need them not; and if the rebuilder fooleth round hereabout, behold I will depress the head of him and sit thereon till he squawk it."​

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ha! That reminds me of one of the kookiest definitions in my favorite work of satire, The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce... and it certainly fits the POTD, too! :eek:

Iconoclast, n. A breaker of idols, the worshipers whereof are imperfectly gratified by the performance, and most strenuously protest that he unbuildeth but doth not re-edify, that he pulleth down but pileth not up. For the poor things would have other idols in place of those he thwacketh upon the mazzard and dispelleth. But the iconoclast saith: "Ye shall have none at all, for ye need them not; and if the rebuilder fooleth round hereabout, behold I will depress the head of him and sit thereon till he squawk it."​

:ha: :eek:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One fantastic Truth Smack.

Status
Not open for further replies.