Knight's pick 03-19-2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The following post is Jefferson responding to Thief0Night and the context can be found here.
Originally posted by Jefferson
Originally posted by Thief0Night
Jefferson you keep talking about that someone in Germany is not going to hold signs of the Jews being killed or anything like that.
No, I asked a question to which no one has yet been able to answer. Here is the question: If our history books had stories of German protestors with graphic pictures of the holocaust causing all kinds of consternation and even riots and arrests, would our history books be praising those protestors or condemning them? Which one?

If I am going to hold the respect not to shot someone for holding a sign then why the need to hold it in my face?
For at least 3 good reasons:

1.) Because those pictures prove our point that abortion is not just another issue to be debated like taxes. Abortion is the issue of our generation. Those pictures force apathetic people to alter their apathetic life-style and they don't like it one bit. Good!

2.) Many people who have had abortions or who support legal abortions like to think of themselves as "good" people. But those photographs publicly prove to them and to everyone else that they are immoral for being pro-abortion. Those pictures don't just "claim" pro-choice people are immoral. They prove they are immoral. And they prove it right in front of all their friends and girlfriends and boyfriends. It's got to be very embarrassing for them. Good!

3.) Also, many anti-abortion people are very patriotic and they like to think they live in a "good" and "moral" country. But these pictures prove that the United States is on the moral level of Nazi Germany. In fact, we're worse. The reason is because the citizens of Nazi Germany would have been shot if they protested the holocaust but American citizens are not forced to commit abortion, they do it voluntarily. Nazi Germany's citizens committed their holocaust under threat of death if they refused but the American citizen voluntarily commits our holocaust. We are WAY worse than Nazi Germany. And again, those pictures don't just "claim" that to be a fact, they prove it. The pictures shatter the illusion of patriotic people that America is a "moral" country. Good!

THEN WHAT IN THE HELL GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO DISRESPCT ME LIKE THAT!?!
If a person is pro-choice then he is worthy of disrespect. If a person is pro-life, then those pictures are not directed at him (unless he falls under catagory 1 in which case a person who is apathetic about murder is worthy of disrespect). If he falls under catagory 3, then he is not being disrespected. Rather he is being taught the moral equivalence between Nazi Germany and the United States. It is the United States that is being disrespected, not him.

Along with being able to use this idea of free speech it also comes with responsibility to respect others.
Wrong. I respect the right of others to express their views but I am in no way obligated to respect them personally.

You would not go up to someone who was in a concentration camp and say that the Nazis killed people too would you???
Apples and oranges. The prisoners in the concentration camps did not murder their fellow prisoners. But some of the kids at Columbine do murder their own children.

No you would not, why because you have respect for what they have gone though.
No, I have sympathy for what they have gone through. There's a difference.

So for some reason because Columbine is a high school we don?t deserve any of your respect, or the respect of the protesters??
The kids who experienced the evil of Harris and Klebold and then turned right around and committed the same attrocities (on their own children no less) are worthy of more disrespect than kids at any other high school in the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.