Knight's pick 03-03-2012

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
john w does a great job of showing why many Calvinists preach works based salvation.

"Notice how bad people's theology gets messed up when they don't know how to rightly divide? "-Ban Master Knight

Those that rightly divide the word of truth, understand "election," as pertaining to service, and separate eternal security from "predestination."

Breaking it down-"It's not that complicated"(STP):

In order for a Calvinist to "believe" he was predestined, he/she must believe he/she is saved. With me so far, sheep being conned by the Calvinists?

In order to believe he/she is "saved," he must be convinced that his/her "life style" meets the standard(just like "charismatics," like "god"rulz.). Still with me?

When his/her life style falls below a certain standard, say, he/she relapses on booze, on hookers/pimps, pot, or stops going to his/her "the" church, he/she loses that "feeling."

You know the feeling. "I know I'm saved, because my life style tells me so..."

Since I have fallen into the pit/ditch, I must not be saved. Since I am not saved, I must not be "predestinated," to get saved. I thought I was saved, but, it turns out, I was never saved. I was deceived into believing I was saved, when in fact.....

This is the Calvinist "logic." This is their material, not mine.

No, you can't get assurance, if you are looking at your behaviour as a barometer of how "saved" you are. This is what Calvinists do, despite any spin to the contrary. And most "Christians" do this, and therefore, most cannot get assurance of salvation.

That is their "good news."

Yeh, Calvinists believe in the "doctrine" of OSAS-but they believe that they were saved before they were born. But "assurance of salvation", confidence, that comes from within, is not "eternal security." .Many "churches" hold to the doctrine of "salvation." Does that mean that their church members are saved? Nope. Professing to believe a "doctrine" is one thing. But having an inner confidence, based on "assurance," is something else. I "believe" in eternal security. But I also have assurance of salvation. And nobody has that, unless they believe Eph. 2:8-9 KJV, and Titus 3:5 KJV, as well as John 17:17 KJV, Psalms 12, 19, 119, 1 Peter 1:25 KJV....

Very few "Christians" fall into this category. Most would know that, had you asked them, instead of logging into the Calvinist sites, and losing your mind.
:first: