Knight's pick 02-05-2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

This is were you continually (and I believe intentionally) miss the point Freak.
I DO NOT want miracle stories! If I wanted stories all I would have to do is turn on TBN. Stories don't cut it at all. I want verifiable EVIDENCE that physical miracles are happening today.
I'll give you an example of the sort of physical evidence that I'm looking for.
The Bible teaches that Jesus rose from the dead. (A Miracle by any standard!)
The tomb He was laid in is PHYSICALLY empty!

Get it?

EVIDENCE! not stories!

My point stated yet another way is that the Bible does not fly in the face of reality! As you said, there is no good argument from scripture that the Earth is flat. In fact just the opposite the Bible calls the Earth a sphere! And low and behold, you can confirm this Biblical idea with physical evidence! In the same way, if miracles are happening today then it should be able to demonstrate that fact by the presentation of independently verifiable evidence.

Resting in His sufficient Grace,
Clete
:first:

[ context ]

Freak

Re: Knight's pick 02-05-2004

Originally posted by Knight

:first:
:down: :kookoo: Jesus, who is God, stated, "Thy Word is truth." I believe Jesus and thereby don't need physical evidence. Jesus is the truth and speaks the truth--He says it, I believe it. Physical evidence is not my guide to faith, God's Word is.

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.