Knight's pick 01-22-2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am always a day or two late with these! :D Great post Jerry!
Originally posted by Jerry Shugart
When I used the word "nothing" in regard to what the early church fathers taught it was in reference to the subject of this thread--eschatology.

You yourself say that "the early Church had a very confused and muddled eschatology."

But if you want to argue that their doctrine was NOT muddled,I can quote many statements which demonstrate that their "doctrine" was also muddled.

But that does not change the fact in the least that you say that your eschatology is based on the Scriptures.And when you are given the chance to prove it,you run like a scared rabbit.

You say that you have previously answered the verses I provided.Well,I have never seen an explanation of those verses,and I am sure that others reading this thread now have likewise never read your explanation.

But since you refuse to give an answer,I will provide an example of your "muddled" explanation of the words of prophecy as recorded by Zechariah.The Lord Himself says:

"And it shall come to pass,in that day,that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem."(Zech.12:9).

And verses that follow show Him doing just that:

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle;and the city shall be taken...then shall the Lord go forth,and fight against those nations,as when He fought in the day of battle"(Zech.14:2,3).

You say that these verses refer to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD (since you have no place for them in your eschatology).You would have the Lord saying that HE will fight against all the nations,but you would have Him fighting in a loosing battle.In response,I said that in 70AD "no one who came against Jerusalem was destroyed."

In your response,you demonstrate your UNBELIEF in what the Holy Scriptures actually say and said:

"Really??Funny,most of the world thinks that the Roman Empire has long since ceased to exist...Again,if Jerry knew his ancient history well he would be aware that the Romans never prospered as they once did after 70AD and the Empire´s decline can well be placed as beginning at that very point."

So we can see that in order to cling to your false eschatology you are willing to make the words where the Lord Jesus is seen fighting against the nations that came against Jerusalem into a TOTAL AND COMLETE DEFEAT!!!

You would rather cling to your false teaching,even if it is at the expense of the integrity of the Lord Jesus Christ.

And now you are given an opportunity to give us your interpretation of other Scriptual passages that do not fit into your little man-made eschatology and you refuse.

In His grace,--Jerry
[ context ] I think the above post is on page three of that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.