Theology Club: Kept secret since the foundation of the world

SaulToPaul 2

Tam's OP was with regard to....

Matthew 13 KJV
(34) All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
(35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Your quote is "prepared for you from the foundation of the world."

The Fonz: "Hey, I knew dat.....I knew dat."

Yep, I believe the things kept secret were about the kingdom of heaven, that there would be this church to inherit The City.

achduke

Verse 34 tells you what He told them.
Verse 35 tells why.

Once Jesus told them the parables, it was no longer kept secret since the foundation of the world.

But then we come to Paul. And the mystery he had been kept secret since the foundation of the world.
So, Paul's secret cannot be the same secret as Jesus told the disciples, because what Jesus told His disciples was no longer a secret when Paul comes onto the scene.

Right?

The secret may have been told but those that heard may not have understood. Like at the apostles. They did not understand until after Christ had risen.

Matthew 21:38 "But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, 'This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.'