Judaic Christians and Pagan Christians

clefty

Sunday has nothing to do with Christ resurrection. Friday evening to Monday evening is three full days and nights.

Originally the first Christians kept the Sabbath command.

And the feasts...met for Pentecost...Paul hurried to Jerusalem to keep Passover...instructed we keep the feast with the new unleavened bread of spirit and truth...

And the early church kept OT dietary laws...Peter kept from eating unclean meat...Jerusalem council instructed not to eat meat strangled or with its blood...Sunday Ham however is NOT made clean killed properly or drained of its blood

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sunday Ham however is NOT made clean killed properly or drained of its blood

Oh bummer, didn't Jesus enjoy ham on Easter sun day with his wife and kids?

Wasn't it Jesus who had twelve sons? Or was that Ishmael?

Of course Isaac loved chili. Who doesn't?

CherubRam

And the feasts...met for Pentecost...Paul hurried to Jerusalem to keep Passover...instructed we keep the feast with the new unleavened bread of spirit and truth...

And the early church kept OT dietary laws...Peter kept from eating unclean meat...Jerusalem council instructed not to eat meat strangled or with its blood...Sunday Ham however is NOT made clean killed properly or drained of its blood

True, but that was before the temple was destroyed. After the temple was destroyed he began to preach that we are the temple. Daniel 9 In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.

Festivals rejected by Yahwah.

Psalm 40:6
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

Psalm 51:16
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

Proverbs 21:3
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:11
“The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?” says the LORD. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

Isaiah 1:14
Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.

Zephaniah 3:18
“I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of your appointed festivals, which is a burden and reproach for you.

Lamentations 2:6
He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget her appointed festivals and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

Hosea 2:11
I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

Amos 5:21
“I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me.

Since the days of Adam; Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings, has been a tradition of mankind. God only instructed Moses on how the people were to perform those things.

Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings

Jeremiah 7
21 This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices, and eat the meat yourselves, 22 for when I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak with them or command them concerning burnt offering and sacrifice.
26 However, they wouldn’t listen to Me or pay attention, but became obstinate; they did more evil than their ancestors.

Zechariah 11:10
Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.

Jeremiah 31:31
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel (nation) and with the people of Judah (faithful.)

The Old Covenant has been revoked; we now live under the New Covenant.

clefty

True, but that was before the temple was destroyed. After the temple was destroyed he began to preach that we are the temple. Daniel 9 In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.

Festivals rejected by Yahwah.

Psalm 40:6
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

Psalm 51:16
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

Proverbs 21:3
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:11
“The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?” says the LORD. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

Isaiah 1:14
Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.

Zephaniah 3:18
“I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of your appointed festivals, which is a burden and reproach for you.

Lamentations 2:6
He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget her appointed festivals and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

Hosea 2:11
I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

Amos 5:21
“I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me.

Since the days of Adam; Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings, has been a tradition of mankind. God only instructed Moses on how the people were to perform those things.

Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings

Jeremiah 7
21 This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices, and eat the meat yourselves, 22 for when I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak with them or command them concerning burnt offering and sacrifice.
26 However, they wouldn’t listen to Me or pay attention, but became obstinate; they did more evil than their ancestors.

Zechariah 11:10
Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.

Jeremiah 31:31
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel (nation) and with the people of Judah (faithful.)

The Old Covenant has been revoked; we now live under the New Covenant.

Right...a new covenant signed by His blood and sealed at His death...after being toasted in to a room full of jews not a gentile among them...the first full day in the new covenant was a Sabbath...and they hurried to keep the commandment...just like the first full day for man after his creation was a Sabbath...

We have always been the priest/temple within His calander...

My grandmas birthday was March 7...we used to celebrate by baking her a cake she would blow the candles out...and eat the cake...

She sleeps now...meaning she is dead...March 7 still comes around once a year...and I remember her birthday...certainly dont expect her to blow out the candles much less eat the cake...but well...we still remember because its "her day"...

Same with the festivals...Yah's calendar still remains...these sabbaths and festivals still ARE a shadow that point to better things still to come....

Paul did not say that they WERE a shadow...