ECT Jesus revealing Himself to be the long awaited, “Messiah”.

DAN P

You obviously have no idea of what Messiah means and how it is mistranslated as christ.

Hi and the Greek word CHRISTOS / CHRIST is a Transliterated word and can also be translated by the words in English words :

MESSIAH
CHRIST
SON of God

dan p

Bradley D

Scripture reads that Jesus is the Messiah. Therefore, I believe Jesus is the Messiah.

…"God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us." Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He" (John 4:24-26).

Strong's Concordance

Messias: Messiah, the O.T. title corresponding to Christ
Original Word: Μεσσίας, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: Messias
Phonetic Spelling: (mes-see'-as)
Short Definition: Messiah
Definition: Messiah, the Anointed One.

Cross Reference

Scripture reads that Jesus is the Messiah. Therefore, I believe Jesus is the Messiah.

…"God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us." Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He" (John 4:24-26).

Strong's Concordance

Messias: Messiah, the O.T. title corresponding to Christ
Original Word: Μεσσίας, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: Messias
Phonetic Spelling: (mes-see'-as)
Short Definition: Messiah
Definition: Messiah, the Anointed One.

Thanks Brad. If everyone could keep it straight in their mind that no one had ever been looking for God to show up but the Messiah, the Christ, it would change their view about Jesus actually being God with all the benefits in hand. Jesus was a man full of God. The Word, the very expression of the heart of the Father, made flesh. The Word, in His un-glorified state in human flesh, had to be to be made vulnerable to the wiles of Satan. Jesus won His battles because He "knew" the written word. His allegiance was completely to His Father that His Father had no reason to withhold the complete 'package' of Grace and Truth from Him. To understand this from the scriptures read Luke 4:1-14, noting the first and last verses. All the verses in-between reveal the way He was proven as an example to any who would follow in His steps as a disciple. Obviously this is more than being the issue of one's initial salvation and more about the training in becoming a son of God in the afterwards of it that redemption provides for.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks Brad. If everyone could keep it straight in their mind that no one had ever been looking for God to show up but the Messiah, the Christ, it would change their view about Jesus actually being God with all the benefits in hand. Jesus was a man full of God. The Word, the very expression of the heart of the Father, made flesh. The Word, in His un-glorified state in human flesh, had to be to be made vulnerable to the wiles of Satan. Jesus won His battles because He "knew" the written word. His allegiance was completely to His Father that His Father had no reason to withhold the complete 'package' of Grace and Truth from Him. To understand this from the scriptures read Luke 4:1-14, noting the first and last verses. All the verses in-between reveal the way He was proven as an example to any who would follow in His steps as a disciple. Obviously this is more than being the issue of one's initial salvation and more about the training in becoming a son of God in the afterwards of it that redemption provides for.

That is true.

It was on account of His obedience to His Father even to death that The Father raised Him from the dead and made Him both Lord and Christ and made all of the creation and the powers and angels of Heaven all subject to Him.

LA