Jesus is the same in both the Old and New Testament.

ThreeAngels

The Old Testament is as verily the gospel in types and shadows as the New Testament is in its unfolding power. The New Testament does not present a new religion; the Old Testament does not present a religion to be superseded by the New. The New Testament is only the advancement and unfolding of the Old. Abel was a believer in Christ, and was as verily saved by His power as was Peter or Paul. Enoch was a representative of Christ as surely as was the beloved disciple John. Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him. To him was committed the message of the second coming of Christ. "And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment upon all." Jude 14, 15. The message preached by Enoch and his translation to heaven were a convincing argument to all who lived in his time. These things were an argument that Methuselah and Noah could use with power to show that the righteous could be translated.
That God who walked with Enoch was our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He was the light of the world then just as He is now. Those who lived then were not without teachers to instruct them in the path of life; for Noah and Enoch were Christians. The gospel is given in precept in Leviticus. Implicit obedience is required now, as then. How essential it is that we understand the importance of this word!

ThreeAngels

I'm trying to but what's important is that Jesus, the only Example given to us, was
able to keep them.

Last edited:

ThreeAngels

Any failure on my part to keep them would not be a reflection on God who does not make unreasonable requirements of His children. Jesus, our Example, kept them. All His commandments are positively necessary for our salvation.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Any failure on my part to keep them would not be a reflection on God who does not make unreasonable requirements of His children. Jesus, our Example, kept them. All His commandments are positively necessary for our salvation.

Galatians 3:17-18 KJV
(17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
(18) For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.​

The law that was given long after the promise to Abraham CANNOT disannul that promise.
In other words, the law with all it's behavioral requirements CANNOT make the promise of no effect.
Bottom line ----- your behavior as to how much or little of the law you obey has no bearing on the promise.
For Abe was imputed righteousness WITHOUT the law.
And the law (that came much later) cannot disannul.

To make this perfectly clear, Paul tells us:

Romans 5:17-19 KJV
(17) For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

One - Christ alone
Not two - you plus Christ

If you are relying on any of your own righteousness and obedience, you are relying on the wrong one.

ThreeAngels

I cannot keep myself from sinning for a moment without the grace of Christ. The law which came 430 years after the promise was not the Decalogue but the law of Moses. Remember Cain sinned by slaying Abel. If there had been no law then why would killing be sin? Cain had been warned 'if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door' Gen 4:7. The definition of sin is 'the transgression of the law' 1John 3:4.
The 10 commandments were there from the beginning and that is why the Apostle John could say 'Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.' 1John 2:7.

Ben Masada

That's true that Jesus kept the Law and the prophets but he also made it sure we all did the same till Heavens and earth passed away. (Matthew 5:17-19) Do you keep the Law and the Prophets? I ask because heavens and the earth have not passed away yet. BTW, Jesus himself declared that the only way to escape hell-fire is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)Is that what you do to escape hell-fire?

ThreeAngels

I'm trying to, that's what I'm saying. I agree the Law holds as long as the heavens and the earth are in existence. Only the keepers of the Law will find admittance in heaven and eat of the tree of life, 'Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.' Revelation 22:14

Ben Masada

I cannot keep myself from sinning for a moment without the grace of Christ. The law which came 430 years after the promise was not the Decalogue but the law of Moses. Remember Cain sinned by slaying Abel. If there had been no law then why would killing be sin? Cain had been warned 'if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door' Gen 4:7. The definition of sin is 'the transgression of the law' 1John 3:4.
The 10 commandments were there from the beginning and that is why the Apostle John could say 'Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.' 1John 2:7.

Wow! In that case, you are a robot and not a human being with Freewill. The attribute of Freewill was granted unto us so that we should use it to keep ourselves away from sin by obeying the Law. (Deuteronomy 30:19) Of course! If we in spite of all our good will to obey, we still miss here or there, that will not be the end of the world as we can set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow; all we need to do is to repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19)

Ben Masada

I'm trying to, that's what I'm saying. I agree the Law holds as long as the heavens and the earth are in existence. Only the keepers of the Law will find admittance in heaven and eat of the tree of life, 'Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.' Revelation 22:14

Jesus said that the Kingdom of God is within our own selves. (Luke 17:25) Therefore, we must do all we can to find admittance in heaven here while we still breathe the breath of life. To wait for the afterlife, we will be simply wasting our time because, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. Read II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.

Elia

Bs"d

The 7 Noachide commandments were from the beginning. They were again incorporated in the covenant that God made with Noach.

They are:

Idolatry is forbidden. Man is commanded to believe in the One G-d alone and worship only Him.

Incestuous and adulterous relations are forbidden. Human beings are not sexual objects, nor is pleasure the ultimate goal of life.

Murder is forbidden. The life of a human being, formed in G-d's image, is sacred.

Cursing the name of G-d is forbidden. Besides honoring and respecting G-d, we learn from this precept that our speech must be sanctified, as that is the distinctive sign which separated man from the animals.

Theft is forbidden. The world is not ours to do with as we please.

Eating the flesh of a living animal is forbidden. This teaches us to be sensitive to cruelty to animals. (This was commanded to Noah for the first time along with the permission of eating meat. The rest were already given to Adam in the Garden of Eden.)

Mankind is commanded to establish courts of justice and a just social order to enforce the first six laws and enact any other useful laws or customs.

Keep the seven go to heaven!

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Elia

The Old Testament is as verily the gospel in types and shadows as the New Testament is in its unfolding power. The New Testament does not present a new religion; the Old Testament does not present a religion to be superseded by the New. The New Testament is only the advancement and unfolding of the Old. Abel was a believer in Christ, and was as verily saved by His power as was Peter or Paul. Enoch was a representative of Christ as surely as was the beloved disciple John. Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him. To him was committed the message of the second coming of Christ. "And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment upon all." Jude 14, 15. The message preached by Enoch and his translation to heaven were a convincing argument to all who lived in his time. These things were an argument that Methuselah and Noah could use with power to show that the righteous could be translated.
That God who walked with Enoch was our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He was the light of the world then just as He is now. Those who lived then were not without teachers to instruct them in the path of life; for Noah and Enoch were Christians. The gospel is given in precept in Leviticus. Implicit obedience is required now, as then. How essential it is that we understand the importance of this word!

Bs"d

The fact of the matter is of course that the Christian man-god is nowhere to be found in the Tanach.

Just doesn't exist.

The Tanach is about the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is one.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Ellen White?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Have you ever read Galatians, void of commentary?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

ThreeAngels

I agree but that law is different and distinct from the 10 commandments. This ritual law, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. Then all the sacrificial offerings were to cease. It is this law that Christ “took . . . out of the way, nailing it to His cross.” Colossians 2:14. But concerning the law of Ten Commandments the psalmist declares, “Forever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven.” Psalm 119:89. And Christ Himself says, “Think not that I am come to destroy the law. . . . Verily I say unto you”— making the assertion as emphatic as possible— “Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Matthew 5:17, 18. Here He teaches, not merely what the claims of God’s law had been, and were then, but that these claims should hold as long as the heavens and the earth remain.