ECT Jesus Christ the second man

Cross Reference

I pray this will help some in sorting out the issues when approaching, for understanding, the Life of Jesus when He was on Earth.

"The second man is the Lord from heaven." (1 Corinthians 15:47)

"The Second Man is the Son of God historically manifested, and the prophecy of what the human race is going to be. In Him we deal with God as Man, the God-Man, the Representative of the whole human race in one Person. Jesus Christ is not a Being with two personalities; He is Son of God (the exact expression of Almighty God), and Son of Man (the presentation of God’s normal man). As Son of God, He reveals what God is like (John 14:9); as Son of Man, He mirrors what the human race will be like on the basis of Redemption—a perfect oneness between God and man (Ephesians 4:13)"

Oswald Chambers

Cross Reference

I don't think so. He has an indestructible life, Adam was mortal.

By indwelling the "mortal body" of Jesus, the "Word" subjected Himself to allegiance-obedience of Jesus, the Man born of Adam's race Who, by His faithfulness [required of Adam in Eden] became the Author of the salvation for Adam's race:

"For it became him [the Word], for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make [Jesus, the Man] captain of their salvation [Who was] perfected through sufferings. For both he [the Word] that sanctifieth and they [Jesus, the Man and His disciples] who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he [the Word] is not ashamed to call them brethren, Saying, I will declare thy name [Jesus] unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I [the Word] sing praise unto thee. And again, I [the Word] will put my trust in him [Jesus]. And again, Behold I [the Word] and the children which God hath given me [by Jesus, the Redeemer]."[/B][/I] Hebrews 2:10-13 (KJV)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." . . . . .12 But as many as received him [Jesus], to them gave he [the Word] power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:1-3, 12-14 (KJV) [/B

cf Ex.33:20-23 KJV.
Heb 7:26 KJV
Php 2:9-11 KJV

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God." Revelation 19:11-13 (KJV)

Last edited:

Interplanner

By indwelling the "mortal body" of Jesus, the "Word" subjected Himself to allegiance-obedience of Jesus, the Man born of Adam's race Who, be His faithfulness [required of Adam in Eden] became the Author of the salavtion for Adam's race:

"For it became him [the Word], for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make [Jesus, the Man] captain of their salvation [Who was] perfected through sufferings. For both he [the Word] that sanctifieth and they [Jesus, the Man and His disciples] who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he [the Word] is not ashamed to call them brethren, Saying, I will declare thy name [Jesus] unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I [the Word] sing praise unto thee. And again, I [the Word] will put my trust in him [Jesus]. And again, Behold I [the Word] and the children which God hath given me [by Jesus, the Redeemer]."[/B][/I] Hebrews 2:10-13 (KJV)

[1]"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." . . . . .12 But as many as received him [Jesus], to them gave he [the Word] power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. [/I]John 1:1-3, 12-14 (KJV) [/B

cf Ex.33:20-23 KJV.
Heb 7:26 KJV
Php 2:10 KJV

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is calledThe Word of God." Revelation 19:11-13 (KJV)

OK...where do we disagree?