Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Berean Todd posted the following:

Originally posted by crunchie

The bible also exhorts us to not judge His people too.

No, actually you are blatantly wrong, we are to judge. It is all over the NT,

Gal 6:1 If anyone is caught in any trespass you, who are spiritual, restore such a one

How can you tell if someone is "in trespass", unless you are judging the actions of that person might I ask?

Gal 1:As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a Gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

That sounds both judgemental of the person doing false teaching, as well as a warning to look out for such a one. How can you discern who is a false teacher, unless you judge their ministries?

1 Cor 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife. 2And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? 3Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. 4When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

Well, what do you know, not only is Paul judging this man, but he is chastising the church for not having judged the man and put him out allready.

We are to judge the prophecy not the prophet.

Actually, go read your old testament. We are told what to do with false prophets - they are to be killed. Here's another scripture you might want to consider.

Jeremiah 14:14 Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds. 15 Therefore, this is what the LORD says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, 'No sword or famine will touch this land.' Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine.

That pretty well describes all of the people I named above.

What happened to the accusers? mmmmmm Food for thought.

That it is, you might want to chew on some of it for awhile ...

CONTEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.