Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by ebenz47037

Only in a country like the United States of America, where a small group of the population wants the nation to put a distance between everyday life and God, will you see the millions of murdered unborn babies called a form of birth control. Only in this country will you hear people calling it the "choice of the woman to do what she wants with her own body." That's what I thought when I was old enough to know what abortion meant.

On January 22, 1973, I was only four years old. I didn't know where babies came from, much less that there was now a legal way to kill your baby and not go to prison for it. I found out what abortion was when I was twelve years old, when my sixth grade class seperated the girls from the boys for a day for "sex education." I was horrified that a woman could legally kill her baby.

In the 1970s, I actually was a victim of physical and mental abuse and neglect from my mother and the men she brought into my and my sisters' lives. I know that the laws defining child abuse have gotten stricter since then. So, I'll leave it to your imagination what would be considered child abuse in the 1970s, in southern California. Even though I suffered from extreme abuse, I am glad my mother did not abort me. I see that as the most brutal form of child abuse known to man.

When I got pregnant with my daughter at age twenty-one, my mother and my ex-husband tried to convince me to get an abortion. My mother's reasons were different from my ex-husband's reasons. My mother said that I should abort the baby so that I could better myself and be able to provide a better life for my future children. My ex-husband told me that he wasn't ready to be a father. I never once considered having an abortion. Even though I was at a point in my life where I had turned my back to God and living a Christian life, I still considered abortion murder.

Everybody says that abortion should be legal because "it's the woman's body. She should have the choice whether she should have the baby or not. Abortion liberates women from having to raise unwanted children." I've heard that so many times that I want to vomit everytime I hear it now. Well, here's the real facts about abortion liberating women:

So much for abortion "liberating women." There is no such thing as an unwanted child. The woman who is pregnant may not want the child, but there are plenty of people in the United States who would willingly adopt an "unwanted child." I know this because my late husband and I happened to be a couple would willingly adopt one of those "unwanted children." From 1973 through 1997, approximately thirty-six and a half million "unwanted children" were aborted in the United States.**

Complications After Abortions

As you can see from what I have included below, women who have had abortions tend to have complications with later pregnancies and gynecological problems related to the abortion.

PHYSICAL COMPLICATIONS:

* 24.3% experience complications in future pregnancies. Complications include: excessive bleeding, premature delivery, cervical damage, and sterility.
(Acta/Obstetrics and Gynecology Scandinavia 1979; 58:491-4)
* Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). A first-trimester abortion can result in bacterial vaginosis, leading to PID, a condition that must be treated quickly.
(American Journal of Obs. and Gyn. 1992; 166:100-103)
* Uterine perforations. Uterine perforations can often occur and sometimes may go unrecognized and untreated.
(Bernadell Technical Bulletin 1989; 1:1:1-2)
* Tubal pregnancy. Abortion appears to contribute to an increase in ectopic pregnancy in younger women when associated with pelvic inflammatory disease. Statistic show a 30% increased risk of ectopic pregnancy after one abortion and a 160% increased risk after two or more abortions.
(American Journal of Obs. and Gyn. 1989; 160:642-6)
(American Journal of Public Health 1982; 72:253-6)
* Placenta previa - a condition producing extremely severe, life threatening bleeding in future pregnancies. Statistics show a 600% increased risk following abortion.
(American Journal of Obs. and Gyn. 1981; 141:769-72)
* Increased bleeding in subsequent pregnancies.
(American Journal of Obs. and Gyn. 1983; 146:136-140)
* Retention of placenta - increased in subsequent pregnancies.
(Acta/Obstetrics and Gynecology Scandinavia 1979; 58:485-490)

MORE PHYSICAL COMPLICATION: HIGH RISK GROUPS

Women Under 20

* 2 times greater risk of medical complications
(Canadian Journal of Public Health 1982; 73:396-400)
* 150% greater risk of cervical injury
(New England Journal of Medicine 1983; 309:621-24)

Women who have had a previous abortion

* 200% increased risk of miscarriage after two or more abortions
(Journal of the American Medical Association 1980:243:2495-9)
* 160% increased risk of tubal pregnancy
* Increased risk of abnormal positioning of the baby in future pregnancies after one or more abortion.
(American Journal of Obs. and Gyn. 1983; 146:136-140)

Women with previous or existing PID

* Decrease in fertility following an abortion
(Acta/Obstetrics and Gyn. Scandinavia 1979; 58:539-42)
* More days of post-abortion pain and cramping
(Acta/Obstetrics and Gyn. Scandinavia 1982: 61:357-60)
* Increased risk of tubal pregnancy following an abortion

My Final Words on this

Why would any woman want to have the risk of future problems? Any woman who is considering getting an abortion should study to find out the truth about the risks. Don't just read the pamphlet that the doctor or clinic gives you. Take a couple of weeks to do the research. There is plenty of information available on the internet. If you cannot afford a computer, the public libraries have some that you can use for free.

Think about whether there may be a chance that your "unwanted child" may be wanted very much by someone. It's a very strong possibility that that is the case. If you are poor and cannot afford to take care of the child, don't put the blame on the child. Your circumstances will not change magically just because you decided to kill the child.

If you were raped and became pregnant, don't blame the child. The man who did this to you is the one who deserves your anger. If you cannot bring yourself to raise the product of a violent act, have the child and put it up for adoption. The baby does not deserve to be killed because an adult did something wrong.

If you're a man who "isn't ready to be a father," think about the feelings of the woman. By convincing her to get an abortion, you are telling her to murder her child. You are taking all responsibility away from yourself for this child. Instead of convincing her to abort the baby, talk about putting the baby up for adoption.

Now, for those of you who say, "It makes no sense that someone who is pro-life should be pro-death penalty," yes. I believe in the death penalty. But, I believe in the death penalty for adults who have committed murder. I do not see a contradiction in the two positions because a baby is an innocent. Why should the baby be killed for the mistakes of the adults who are bringing it into the world? And, why should a man or woman who has committed murder be kept alive at tax-payers' expense for twenty years or more? I cannot see the logic in your arguements.

Nori Benz
1/25/04

*Quoted from http://www.roevwade.org/consequences.html; ** from http://www.roevwade.org/rvw1.html
CONTEXT

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you, Jefferson! It's been a while since one of mine has been chosen by a moderator. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.