Jeff Bezos hypocrisy

Gary K

Banned
Bezos', a far left political adherent and opposer of all things conservative, owns Amazon. His hypocrisy in all his political stances is shown in his own company. The Columbus Dispatch reports that Amazon is within the top 20 large corporations in Ohio for the greatest number of employees on the food stamp roles. In Ohio alone there are 1,430 Amazon employees, the number includes their familes, who are on the food stamp program because their wages are so low they can't afford to feed themselves.

And this is just after Amazon recieved millions upon millions of dollars in tax breaks for locating there. In other words, everyone in the state expected good paying jobs and Amazon responds with such low paying jobs that a lot of their employees can't pay their own grocery bill. Way to go leftists. Criticize the right for what you yourselves are guilty of.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/201801...-companies-with-workers-receiving-food-stamps

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
And this is just after Amazon recieved millions upon millions of dollars in tax breaks for locating there. In other words, everyone in the state expected good paying jobs and Amazon responds with such low paying jobs that a lot of their employees can't pay their own grocery bill.

Kinda like that conservative-loved Wal-mart?

Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance

Walmart's low-wage workers cost U.S. taxpayers an estimated $6.2 billion in public assistance including food stamps, Medicaid and subsidized housing, according to a report published to coincide with Tax Day, April 15.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareo...-2-billion-in-public-assistance/#342fb51a720b

Way to go. Criticize the left for what you yourselves are guilty of.

rexlunae

I don't think Bezos is particularly liberal, but having worked briefly at Amazon, I found them to be a generally pretty decent employer, they paid well, gave good benefits, offered stock options, invested in employees. It wasn't a great job, kinda inherently, but I left with generally good feelings about the company. There are people who work there with legitimate complaints, and I can't speak for their current practices, and I also have significant concerns with how much they dominate retail, but I think it's one of the best companies to work for in retail.