Jackson might withdraw

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
April 24, 2018

WASHINGTON — President Trump acknowledged Tuesday that Ronny L. Jackson, his nominee to lead the Veterans Affairs Department, is in serious trouble amid allegations that he oversaw a hostile work environment as the White House doctor, allowed the overprescribing of drugs and possibly drank on the job.

Speaking at a news conference with the president of France, Mr. Trump strongly defended Dr. Jackson as “one of the finest people that I have met,” but he hinted that Dr. Jackson might soon withdraw from consideration, blaming Democrats for mounting an unfair attack on his nominee’s record.

“I don’t want to put a man through a process like this,” Mr. Trump said, calling the allegations about Mr. Jackson “ugly.” The president said, “The fact is, I wouldn’t do it. What does he need it for? To be abused by a number of politicians?”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/...=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=article

Republicans and Democrats on the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee are raising concerns about allegations involving Rear Adm. Ronny Jackson, President Donald Trump's nominee to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs, and are reviewing them to determine if they are substantial enough to upend his nomination.
Committee members have been told about allegations related to improper conduct in various stages of his career, two sources said.
The sources say the committee is in talks to delay Wednesday's confirmation hearing as they try to figure out the allegations.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/23/politics/ronny-jackson-veterans-affairs-nomination/index.html

In all fairness, it's not the president's job to vet apppointees; his staff should be doing this for him.

And they seem to have repeatedly let the president down when it matters. Trump needs to do some housecleaning.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hopefully, for the sake of the VETS, Jackson will withdraw. They deserve someone of higher morals, but even more importantly, EXPERIENCE to run this agency.