Is macroevolution a form of paganism?

Iconasostacles

Vision in Verse said:
Beliefs that improve life: The belief that a healthy human is supposed to be kind, self-confident, peaceful, loving, and joyful.

When you think of the self-evidently healthy and happiness promoting "life"-- do you experience that more like a belief or more like a fact?

steve5

Phantom said:
pagan implies that there is a deity.

There is no god in evolution (unless you adhere to theistic evolution).

If God had to create the world in seven days and all that old testament stuff then I suppose that there may be no room for God in evolution. My feeling is that if you think that God can create a man in an instant and I think God may have created man over a longer period through gradual changes over thousands of years our diferences are not over the existance of God only in how God created it all. In other words as has often been pointed out: is the real point "if I do not believe every thing you believe concerning God then I believe in a false God which is the same as not believing in God at all". This leads to what I see as a real dilema for of all the religions and all the varoius groups, sects, churches, that have different beliefs and interpretations of whatever books, saints, teachers, revelations etc. how is one to choose especially with each on making similar claims to the truth. I can not easily think that God wants us to bicker over what creed we choose as to details like which came first man or birds? Love of God is the first and most important principal, after that love of your neighbor meaning all men, love your enemy the golden rule.... Does not the fact that on this site the first thing you are asked to do is give yourself a label. Do these labels help you love your fellow man. What do you think?

Iconasostacles

Vision in Verse said:
I believe it is a fact. Others do not.

So this is a belief that you relate to as a fact? Do you have some beliefs that you relate to as beliefs? Or are all your beliefs only those things that you believe are facts?

Vision in Verse

Iconasostacles said:
So this is a belief that you relate to as a fact? Do you have some beliefs that you relate to as beliefs? Or are all your beliefs only those things that you believe are facts?
All of my beliefs are based on my subjective role of observer. Some beliefs are not facts, like metaphysics. I simply have no reason not to speculate as to the existence of a realm outside of this universe. I don't believe I can figure out what it is, and I don't think I can figure out what it's not. It would be a sort of agnosticism when comes to beliefs without factual support.

Iconasostacles

Vision in Verse said:
All of my beliefs are based on my subjective role of observer. Some beliefs are not facts, like metaphysics. I simply have no reason not to speculate as to the existence of a realm outside of this universe. I don't believe I can figure out what it is, and I don't think I can figure out what it's not. It would be a sort of agnosticism when comes to beliefs without factual support.

So you feel a belief could be upgraded to a fact under the right conditions? Or would it remain a belief even though it was supported by (what is believed to be) factual evidence?