ECT Is James not speaking of man's flesh:

revpete

Then why Isa 7:15 if not that Jesus still had to learn the ways of His Father per John 17:17 and as He prayed we would do in like manner? Why temptation if Jesus was God? God can't be tempted. Satan knew that. If Jesus was God then He could never have been our example in life.

In this, Jesus was perfect man in all He portrayed in His flesh, but, not yet was He God. He even said so. His transfiguration needed to be finalized and yet still, as Glorified Man, would sit at the right of God waiting for all things to be summed up in Him. If you understand you will realize how all truly born again, fit into that completion. . . :)! . . .as an heir of God and joint heirs with Jesus Christ!!!

Yes, Jesus learned obedience but not in the same way you and I do. We learned obedience because we were born with a sinful nature, He was not. Jesus learned what it was like to be obedient by the things He suffered. He was, as you say perfect man but also perfect God. Two natures held in perfect union H/U. He could be tempted as man. If He was not God His sacrifice on the cross was ineffective because as The man/God He is The only perfect mediator.

What you are saying is another reworking of the old heresy that denies the Deity of Christ.

A question: where did Jesus say He wasn't God?

Pete 👤

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, Jesus learned obedience but not in the same way you and I do. We learned obedience because we were born with a sinful nature, He was not. Jesus learned what it was like to be obedient by the things He suffered. He was, as you say perfect man but also perfect God. Two natures held in perfect union H/U. He could be tempted as man. If He was not God His sacrifice on the cross was ineffective because as The man/God He is The only perfect mediator.

What you are saying is another reworking of the old heresy that denies the Deity of Christ.

Pete ��

Jesus never said He was a God/man either, nor was Jesus born with two natures.

Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

(Jesus had human weakness, that is how he suffered. He hit his finger with a hammer, but did not swear, He prayed)

LA

revpete

Jesus never said He was a God/man either, nor was Jesus born with two natures.

Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

(Jesus had human weakness, that is how he suffered. He hit his finger with a hammer, but did not swear, He prayed)

LA

The word of God came. If, as seems likely, Jesus was thinking of the rabbinical interpretation of Ps. 82:6 (see on John 10:34), then the Israelites generally, who received the law, are referred to.

Broken: “to loose,” “to break,” “to annul,” “to cancel” (see on Matt. 5:19). This principle the Jews acknowledged. Therefore the conclusions based on this principle they must also acknowledge. If the Scriptures called the Israelites “gods,” how could the Jews accuse Jesus of blasphemy for claiming to be the Son of God?

These verses actually affirmed the Deity of Christ. The Jews knew exactly what He was saying, that's why they wanted to stone Him, blasphemy was punishable by death. This was a play on words by The Lord.

Pete 👤

Jamie Gigliotti

"Love does wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." Romans 13:10
By grace those of the Body of Christ love by His love coming through them.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The word of God came. If, as seems likely, Jesus was thinking of the rabbinical interpretation of Ps. 82:6 (see on John 10:34), then the Israelites generally, who received the law, are referred to.

. If the Scriptures called the Israelites “gods,” how could the Jews accuse Jesus of blasphemy for claiming to be the Son of God?

No.

Only those to whom the word of God came were called Gods. not all Israelites.

These verses actually affirmed the Deity of Christ. The Jews knew exactly what He was saying, that's why they wanted to stone Him, blasphemy was punishable by death. This was a play on words by The Lord.

Pete ��

Jesus plainly stated over and over that He was the son of God.

At no time did He say He was a God/man or that He was God.

The Pharisees said it.

Christ's diety was given to Him by His Father, by reason of birth, by reason of the Fathers Word, and by reason of the Sons obedience unto death. (and by reason of the Fathers Spirit)

LA

Cross Reference

Yes, Jesus learned obedience but not in the same way you and I do. We learned obedience because we were born with a sinful nature, He was not

What does having a sinful or sinless nature to do with one's ability to obey? Commands demand obedience irrespective of our nature. So then, where is the reward for Jesus' obedience if He was God?

Jesus learned what it was like to be obedient by the things He suffered.

Things that He could have refused to do. He had a freewill to say no and return to heaven on the mount transfiguration but, alone it would have been, as Lord, never savior. He knew all this by the written word He learned during those 30 yrs prior to His coming out day. He knew His choices had to result in the completion of His mission which was two fold: 1. Reveal the Government of God. 2. Go to the cross for man's redemption to provide a way for man, access directly to throne of God.

He was, as you say perfect man but also perfect God.

At any point in His life Jesus had to obey, He was not perfect God. Ponder that to understand why He is returning as Son of Man, full of the Godhead. (MK 13:26)

Two natures held in perfect union H/U. He could be tempted as man. If He was not God His sacrifice on the cross was ineffective because as The man/God He is The only perfect mediator.

One nature. Sinless and of His Father. The sacrifice for redeeming man had to be completely of a sinless human. No God in this. All of that had to laid aside for the suffering of death. In this way would Jesus, the man provide a handshake of reconcilialion between fallen man and God. Only a man qualified as He was could have been accepted.

Not in the least, am I doing that. Consider you are parroting incomplete traditional teaching. By the obedience of the man Jesus, God was able to ensconce the "Word of Himself, the GLORY Moses saw in Ex 33:22-33 in human flesh for all of eternity. The man Jesus sustained the "Word" in His human flesh by the vision given Him of the Holy spirit..

Pete ��

I will but only if you can you show where He did. . . ;)