ECT In the Form of God

Jerry Shugart

There are those who quote this verse in an attempt to prove that the Lord Jesus is not God:

"Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands"

Before the Lord Jesus was made a little lower than the angels He was in the form of God:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-6).​

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So when those in heaven will see the ONE on the "Throne of God and of the Lamb" they will see both the Lord Jesus and God at the same time because He is God:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads"
(Rev.22:3-4).​

Last edited:

Danoh

There are those who quote this verse in an attempt to prove that the Lord Jesus is not God:

"Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands"

Before the Lord Jesus was made a little lower than the angels He was in the form of God:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-6).​

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So when those in heaven will see the ONE on the "Throne of God and of the Lamb" they will see both the Lord Jesus and God at the same time because He is God:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads"
(Rev.22:3-4).​

What is the Greek in the "and" there in the phrase "and of the Lamb"?

Jerry Shugart

What is the Greek in the "and" there in the phrase "and of the Lamb"?

The "and" is translated from the Greek word kai so it is possible that this could be the correct translation even though I can find no translation like it:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God, even the Lamb, shall be in it."

Danoh

The "and" is translated from the Greek word kai so it is possible that this could be the correct translation even though I can find no translation like it:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God, even the Lamb, shall be in it."

Exodus 32:33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.