ECT If I abide in you. . .

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I think the key to the question is "IF". The word is just full of "IF's".

2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
(NKJ)

Cross Reference

I think the key to the question is "IF". The word is just full of "IF's".

5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
(NKJ)

That is in the OP, yes?

DAN P

That is in the OP, yes?

Hi , and Squeaky BROUGHT it to you " IF ".

If they kept the Law of Moses and did not corrupt themselves as the Pharisees and Lawyers and DID NOT REJECT the counsel of God , and ABIDE in Him , they were safe , Luke 7:30 !!

In the Body of Christ we are always SAVED , as we " ARE /ESTE Present Tense which means CONTINUOUS ACTION ) in Christ Jesus !!

dan p

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That is in the OP, yes?

I said
So how do you know He abides in you? Or how do you know that you are "In Christ"?

(NKJ)

Cross Reference

I said
So how do you know He abides in you? Or how do you know that you are "In Christ"?

(NKJ)

Squeaky "brought" nothing that was not already stated. Squeaky and you need to wakeup the all those "IF's" in the Bible.

Cross Reference

I said

(NKJ)

If you were a Pentecostal __of the first order, you would know His teaching to be consistent with the written word. There would be no argument. You would correct your error by conviction and not seek some new interpretation of the Greek or Hebrew looking for "rightness' while leaving the lame, untoward, strife ridden, accusations and excuses for unbelief coming from the heady, unregenerate, professing Christian, to increase. You should take v5 quite seriously. Examine your heart, Squeaks, not your head. Disqualification/Qualification will be from its condition, alone.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you were a Pentecostal __of the first order, you would know His teaching to be consistent with the written word. There would be no argument. You would correct your error by conviction and not seek some new interpretation of the Greek or Hebrew looking for "rightness' while leaving the lame, untoward, strife ridden, accusations and excuses for unbelief coming from the heady, unregenerate, professing Christian, to increase. You should take v5 quite seriously. Examine your heart, Squeaks, not your head. Disqualification/Qualification will be from its condition, alone.

I said
I was trying to support your OP. I don't think you know that.

OCTOBER23

. . and you abide in me, I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Is that not a true declaration by Jesus?

Is Jesus speaking of His Salvation or His universal act of "Redemption"?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO !!!

JESUS is saying that HIS SPIRIT/MIND will be in the BAPTISED CHRISTIAN BRAIN

in order to OVERCOME SINS.

--WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST.-- THAT INSTRUCTS US CHRISTIANS

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord,

that he may instruct him?

But we have the mind of Christ.

OCTOBER23

THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING IF YOU ARE A REAL CHRISTIAN..

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost,

whom the Father will send in my name,

he shall teach you all things,

and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
===============================================

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing

that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,

and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING IF YOU ARE A REAL CHRISTIAN..

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost,

whom the Father will send in my name,

he shall teach you all things,

and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing

that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,

and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

I said
I agree .