ECT If David Calls Him 'Lord'

Interplanner

Did you understand post# 99?
It was gibberish, in an attempt to mock your posting style.

Of course not, as I said. However one or two lines were right; the law was dismantled as far as what age we are in. Judaism believed we were still in it. Do you understand Gal 3:17?

You have a disease like Danoh, which is to try to challenge or change something about the person instead of the content.

SaulToPaul 2

Of course not, as I said. However one or two lines were right; the law was dismantled as far as what age we are in. Judaism believed we were still in it. Do you understand Gal 3:17?

You have a disease like Danoh, which is to try to challenge or change something about the person instead of the content.

I don't understand the content. You do not make sense.

Interplanner

I don't understand the content. You do not make sense.

I know you don't understand it because you have to start over all your hard drives with Acts 13 and you won't do it. The resurrection of Christ is the fulfillment of all promises to the fathers because it was the proof that justification from sins had been achieved and accomplished. That is what Paul is saying about Israel's history, destiny, objective and meaning. It is the climax of the sermon.

When you have accepted that, get back to me. That is where a person must start--if we are seriously going to have a NT faith.

SaulToPaul 2

I know you don't understand it because you have to start over all your hard drives with Acts 13 and you won't do it. The resurrection of Christ is the fulfillment of all promises to the fathers because it was the proof that justification from sins had been achieved and accomplished. That is what Paul is saying about Israel's history, destiny, objective and meaning. It is the climax of the sermon.

When you have accepted that, get back to me. That is where a person must start--if we are seriously going to have a NT faith.

Oh.

SaulToPaul 2

I am not under the new covenant or new testament, so I do not have a new testament faith.

It is true, nonetheless, that I have been imputed the spirit of the new testament, which is the righteousness of God ministered through the gospel of Christ which Paul preached.

Danoh

I am not under the new covenant or new testament, so I do not have a new testament faith.

It is true, nonetheless, that I have been imputed the spirit of the new testament, which is the righteousness of God ministered through the gospel of Christ which Paul preached.

High fuh-loot'n is what that thar is - Acts 29B...

Interplanner

Absolutely amazing. thanks for saying that. That's what I've been thinking the whole time. You are not in the new covenant.

Interplanner

:BRAVO:

I cannot get into it. Neither can you.

Yeah, well, that's the disease of 2P2P. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You'd have to go through the Gospels and 2 Cor 3-5 (written to both ethnes) and Hebrews (for all) and chop out all the lines that talk about sin and victory over death and put victory over Jews deaths only and over Jews sins only.

Sorry, child, but that is not how things are set up.

You do not realize that the New Covenant is fulfilled in Christ but not in exact ways like the Old imagines--written that way because they had no other way to put it.

Christ is our righteousness because the LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS has come!

SaulToPaul 2

Yeah, well, that's the disease of 2P2P. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You'd have to go through the Gospels and 2 Cor 3-5 (written to both ethnes) and Hebrews (for all) and chop out all the lines that talk about sin and victory over death and put victory over Jews deaths only and over Jews sins only.

You do not realize that the New Covenant is fulfilled in Christ but not in exact ways like the Old imagines--written that way because they had no other way to put it.

Christ is our righteousness because the LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS has come!

Which tribe do you belong to?

(silence)

SaulToPaul 2

Become a believer, say goodbye to skepticism.

andyc

No I haven't forgotten.
He is the geneological Son of David according to His mother, Mary.
Just like Paul has brethren/kinsmen according to the flesh:

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

Was the Lord Jesus a spiritual man when He ministered to Israel in the flesh?

Was He a spiritual man when He told His disciples after His resurrection that a spirit does not have flesh and bone as you see me have.

Nonsense.

You can't have a son reigning over the father. That's crazy.

You've gotten nowhere.

Which gospel?

Which gospel? :chuckle:
They've suckered you into this nonsense? I remember you saying you weren't a maddist once.

I can't make sense of that.
Sounds like an allegorical imposition, to me.

You won't be able to make sense of it if you're thinking turns mad.
Basically, David is talking about spiritual worship. The Levites were the closest that people could get to God, but David says, "I'll dwell in the house of the Lord forever". This means that he saw a way into the literal presence of God that surpassed the ceremonial restrictions.

Platonic spin.

It's actually scripture.

Heb 9:7-8
But into the second part the high priest went alone once a year, not without blood, which he offered for himself and for the people’s sins committed in ignorance; the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing. It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience concerned only with foods and drinks, various washings, and fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation. But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

The flesh was a reminder of the inadequacies preventing people from entering God's presence. Ceremonial washings and cleansing could temporarily cleanse the flesh, but not the heart. However, with Christ cleansing the heart, it allows man to enter the literal presence of God unhindered in order to worship him in Spirit.

Though the Lord Jesus is GOD, He is still man and still has a physical body and promises that believers will, as well.

Nope.

1Cor 15:47-50

The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man. 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

Flesh is what we inherit in Adam, and Paul says that flesh cannot enter heaven. Jesus had a celestial body, and like wise so shall we when we enter heaven.

We know that there will be a physical resurrection of believers. The nature and abilities of that new body is the sense in what John was speaking of.

Spiritual is not vs physical.
It's 'corruptible' flesh that can't inherit the kingdom of GOD.

Flesh is nothing other than corruptible, which is why it cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Interplanner

You can't have a son reigning over the father. That's crazy.

Which gospel? :chuckle:
They've suckered you into this nonsense? I remember you saying you weren't a maddist once.

You won't be able to make sense of it if you're thinking turns mad.
Basically, David is talking about spiritual worship. The Levites were the closest that people could get to God, but David says, "I'll dwell in the house of the Lord forever". This means that he saw a way into the literal presence of God that surpassed the ceremonial restrictions.

It's actually scripture.

Heb 9:7-8
But into the second part the high priest went alone once a year, not without blood, which he offered for himself and for the people’s sins committed in ignorance; the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing. It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience concerned only with foods and drinks, various washings, and fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation. But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

The flesh was a reminder of the inadequacies preventing people from entering God's presence. Ceremonial washings and cleansing could temporarily cleanse the flesh, but not the heart. However, with Christ cleansing the heart, it allows man to enter the literal presence of God unhindered in order to worship him in Spirit.

Nope.

1Cor 15:47-50

The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man. 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

Flesh is what we inherit in Adam, and Paul says that flesh cannot enter heaven. Jesus had a celestial body, and like wise so shall we when we enter heaven.

Flesh is nothing other than corruptible, which is why it cannot enter the kingdom of God.

the OP is not about a 'delayed' day when a son of David will be over a theocracy in Judea. The line is used and the Ps 2 & 16 lines are quoted because THE RESURRECTION WAS THE ENTHRONEMENT OF CHRIST WHICH DAVID ANTICIPATED. That is 100% pure apostolic.

SaulToPaul 2

the OP is not about a 'delayed' day when a son of David will be over a theocracy in Judea. The line is used and the Ps 2 & 16 lines are quoted because THE RESURRECTION WAS THE ENTHRONEMENT OF CHRIST WHICH DAVID ANTICIPATED. That is 100% pure apostolic.

Any teaching that is 100% apostolic is to be commended and embraced. I, for one, have just sold out everything I own and have given it to the poor. I am seeking to follow the apostles doctrine without consternation, and as Holford pointed out, seeking to grab hold of the spiritual realites, not of the red dirt prophecy, but one where the streets are paved with gold. Will you join me in this?

Interplanner

Any teaching that is 100% apostolic is to be commended and embraced. I, for one, have just sold out everything I own and have given it to the poor. I am seeking to follow the apostles doctrine without consternation, and as Holford pointed out, seeking to grab hold of the spiritual realites, not of the red dirt prophecy, but one where the streets are paved with gold. Will you join me in this?

There is nothing "spiritual" about Holford in your sense, which means nebulous. It is grinding, bone-crushing historic fact.

Interplanner

That post was 2 months ago. I notice recently on other threads that the same members have made almost no progress on the 'how then is (Christ) David's son?' verses of Ps 110 as used by the apostles.