ECT Identity, our identity in Christ

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you know who you are? Do you know what you are made of?

Well, I am a United States citizen.

I am a follower of Jesus the Christ (Yeshua the Messiah). I want to follow Him. I want to obey and observe God's commands. I want to live a respectable life.

It doesn't matter where someone is from when you are only looking at whether a person is saved or not, and that is what matters.

So, when identity is stripped away, do you know who you are?

I can say I am circumcised (and I am) but it avails to nothing. I can say I observe God's Law, and I do minus one point (I do keep the Ten Commandments, however). I can say I observe the law of the land, and I do (though I am mindful of what it is, knowing I am rarely perfect in all things). But for all these failures, what is my life about?

When a person endeavors to keep the law we can only say that it is a good thing!

God's Law is about love of God and love of our neighbor, and so should be the law of the land (and it is, safety in keeping the speed limit at all times, etc...).

Let's see the good in what is good. Our lives should be lived in honor of God and for God and we should always recognize the priority of life in the law, that is what love of our neighbor is about.

The gospel is the power of God unto salvation for all who believe, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. I was not born a Jew. I love Jews. I love God's Law. I was born a Gentile. I am circumcised and I keep the Law, but in that I don't keep one point (wearing tzit-tzit) I am reminded that I am not a Jew. Is it my identity as a United States citizen that matters to me? It does. But my identity in Christ is something different. It pertains to my citizenship in heaven.

Do you know you belong to God? Do you find your identity in Christ? It is He who died for you and purchased you, that you would be redeemed and brought back to God. For all have sinned. But Christ died for sinners, to save them from sin and the consequences of sin, both theirs and that of others.

Do you belong to God? Regardless of your national identity or what you do for a living, your vocation and what not, you can find your identity in Christ. Perhaps you know what I am talking about and your identity is already found in Christ.

Do you love God? Do you love others? Share the good news of Jesus with those you meet, when the opportunity that God gives to you is right. Step out in faith and allow Him to use you. In Jesus Christ and His death you can have the forgiveness of sins and eternal life. Repent and believe, putting your hope, trust, and faith in God. I desire that you would be born again by the Spirit of God. I desire that you would have eternal life and resurrection from the dead among the righteous (I am wanting to understand resurrection and heaven and the new heavens and the new earth) rather than among the wicked who will experience the second death, the lake of fire.

Shalom. God Bless.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is your identity in Jesus Christ and His finished work upon the cross?

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

Is your identity is Jesus Christ and His finished work upon the cross?
My identity is in my relationship to the Father.

Acts 17:27-28
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Romans 8:15
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My identity is in my relationship to the Father.

Acts 17:27-28
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Romans 8:15
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.​

What do you believe about the name of Jesus, God's Son? Do you find your identity in Jesus or in His Father or in your heavenly Father or both Jesus God's Son and the Father who is God?

My faith is in God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you know who you are?
In Christ, I am

justified freely by His grace Romans 3:24 KJV
justified by faith Romans 5:1 KJV
delivered from the wrath to come Romans 5:9 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 1:10 KJV
dead to the law by the body of Christ Romans 7:4 KJV
more than a conqueror Romans 8:37 KJV
free from the law of sin and death Romans 8:2 KJV
joint heir with Christ Romans 8:17 KJV
foreknown of God, predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son Romans 8:29 KJV
called, justified, glorified Romans 8:30 KJV
persuaded Rom. 8:38-39 KJV
washed, sanctified and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus 1 Cor. 6:11 KJV
not my own, for I am bought with a price 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 KJV
baptized by one Spirit into one Body 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV
a new creature 2 Corinthians. 5:17 KJV
an Ambassador for Christ 2 Corinthians 5:20 KJV
justified by His faith Galatians 2:16 KJV
crucified, buried and risen with Christ Romans 6:3-5 KJV, Galatians 2:20 KJV
an heir of God through Christ Galatians 4:7 KJV
blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Ephesians 1:3 KJV
accepted in the beloved Ephesians 1:6 KJV
have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins Ephesians 1:7 KJV
sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption Ephesians 1:13 KJV, Ephesians 4:30 KJV
made nigh by the blood of Christ Ephesians 2:13 KJV
saved by grace through faith; not of works lest any man should boast Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
fellowheir, and of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ by the gospel Ephesians 3:6 KJV
complete in him Colossians 2:10 KJV
risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God Colossians 2:12 KJV
quickened together with Him Colossians 2:13 KJV
forgiven all trespasses Colossians 2:13 KJV

genuineoriginal

What do you believe about the name of Jesus, God's Son? Do you find your identity in Jesus or in His Father or in your heavenly Father or both Jesus God's Son and the Father who is God?

My faith is in God.
Like this?

John 6:37-40
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Like this?

John 6:37-40
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.​

From Jesus in the gospel of John is good.

This says we should believe on Jesus.

It may already be clear that Acts 4:10-12 says there is salvation in no one else.

oatmeal

In Christ, I am

justified freely by His grace Romans 3:24 KJV
justified by faith Romans 5:1 KJV
delivered from the wrath to come Romans 5:9 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 1:10 KJV
dead to the law by the body of Christ Romans 7:4 KJV
more than a conqueror Romans 8:37 KJV
free from the law of sin and death Romans 8:2 KJV
joint heir with Christ Romans 8:17 KJV
foreknown of God, predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son Romans 8:29 KJV
called, justified, glorified Romans 8:30 KJV
persuaded Rom. 8:38-39 KJV
washed, sanctified and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus 1 Cor. 6:11 KJV
not my own, for I am bought with a price 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 KJV
baptized by one Spirit into one Body 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV
a new creature 2 Corinthians. 5:17 KJV
an Ambassador for Christ 2 Corinthians 5:20 KJV
justified by His faith Galatians 2:16 KJV
crucified, buried and risen with Christ Romans 6:3-5 KJV, Galatians 2:20 KJV
an heir of God through Christ Galatians 4:7 KJV
blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Ephesians 1:3 KJV
accepted in the beloved Ephesians 1:6 KJV
have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins Ephesians 1:7 KJV
sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption Ephesians 1:13 KJV, Ephesians 4:30 KJV
made nigh by the blood of Christ Ephesians 2:13 KJV
saved by grace through faith; not of works lest any man should boast Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
fellowheir, and of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ by the gospel Ephesians 3:6 KJV
complete in him Colossians 2:10 KJV
risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God Colossians 2:12 KJV
quickened together with Him Colossians 2:13 KJV
forgiven all trespasses Colossians 2:13 KJV

Great list