I have to correct a few things i said here (re Pope F / illegals)

republicanchick

For one thing, I said that Pope Francis was probably not a true pope.

Well, I thought about that and now I see I don't have sufficient evidence (yet). I thought he was proposing some place ( a piazza) to be named after Martin Luther, Arch heretic, who divided Christ's Church in 1521 ("Father of Protestantism"). But I have just now discovered that all he did was not stand in the way of such...

another correction:

I said somewhere, some thread, that the children of illegals born in the US should be allowed to continue as citizens b/c legal scholars are not clear about the 14th Amendment, and people relied on the interpretation commonly held by most Americans, that that was indeed the law... (that if you are born here, even if born to illegals, you are a US citizen)

I don't take that part back, but I wasn't clear in what I think about what should happen to them if the Constitution were amended (which I hope it is). When/if that happens, they will very likely still be considered citizens, which I agree they should be. But anyone who is not legal, parents of said citizens, siblings, etc... should be deported.

Again, it is the parents' fault.. the division in the family...

They could have / should have thought about such consequences before breaking the law...

___

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Don't you trust God to pick the leader He wants for your church? If you belive God chose Francis, maybe you should try following him instead of judging him. Just a thought.

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
quit telling people what they should do
Just a suggestion.

you are judging me (sayng I am "jdgng" him)

++
I am not judging you in terms of your final destination or your relationship with Christ. I am judging your actions. You claim to be Catholic and obedient to the leader of your church but you come out saying that you don't think the Pope, elected according to Catholic tradition, is the real Pope. What kind of Catholic does that make you?

republicanchick

Just a suggestion.

I am not judging you in terms of your final destination or your relationship with Christ. I am judging your actions. You claim to be Catholic and obedient to the leader of your church but you come out saying that you don't think the Pope, elected according to Catholic tradition, is the real Pope. What kind of Catholic does that make you?

show me in the Catechism where it says Catholics are required to blindly and unquestioningly follow the pope when he is not speaking ex cathedra?

show me where it says Check Brain @ door of Church?

geez

+++

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
show me in the Catechism where it says Catholics are required to blindly and unquestioningly follow the pope when he is not speaking ex cathedra?

show me where it says Check Brain @ door of Church?

geez

+++
True or False - We are to submit to our duly appointed leaders.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
don't u find it a little ironic that you would hold ME to adherence to Catholic teaching.. or what you THINK is Catholic teaching

and yet you reject the whole enchilada (Church teaching)???

can you say Hypocrite?

___
Your church, its rules apply to you. If they don't apply to you, then you are not Catholic. Probably even a bit anti-Catholic since your reject the Pope duly elected according to Catholic traditions.

republicanchick

Your church, its rules apply to you. If they don't apply to you, then you are not Catholic. Probably even a bit anti-Catholic since your reject the Pope duly elected according to Catholic traditions.

you are a malice-ridden, dishonest baffoon

who cares what u think?

(and furthermore... Truth applies to EVERYONE... Everyone is beholden to the laws of God, codified by HIS Church)

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
you are a malice-ridden, dishonest baffoon

who cares what u think?

(and furthermore... Truth applies to EVERYONE... Everyone is beholden to the laws of God, codified by HIS Church)
Apparently you do as is evidence by your vitriol with which you respond to my posts.

republicanchick

Apparently you do as is evidence by your vitriol with which you respond to my posts.

if u dont want it, dont dish it out

you think just b/c you couch your words in seemingly sympathetic tones, no one will see your malice

ha ha... what a joke. It's obvious for the whole world to see

But i say a prayer for you..

Actually what i said seems a little over the top to me after sleeping on it... so i repent... not of the point i was trying to make b/c it still is my opinion that you harbor great malice. I just am sorry I put things exactly as i did

__