Howdy to Fellow Homeschoolers

prayzgod

It's been a while since I've really cruised around TOL, and I was glad to see a home school section. :)

Who else here home schools? I have several beautiful children that I am blessed to school at home. I teach them via the Christian Classical Trivium. Yep, Latin, logic, lots of reading, the whole shebang. We LOVE it.

Come on fellow home schoolers, I know you're out there; show yourselves.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's been a while since I've really cruised around TOL, and I was glad to see a home school section. :)

Who else here home schools? I have several beautiful children that I am blessed to school at home. I teach them via the Christian Classical Trivium. Yep, Latin, logic, lots of reading, the whole shebang. We LOVE it.

Come on fellow home schoolers, I know you're out there; show yourselves.
We have six children and have homeschooled all of them. One is now married and two others are in college. We still have three younger girls that we homeschool.

Welcome back to TOL. :up:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
My one and only wife and I have seven children, homeborn and home schooled.
Three are married and we have two grandchildren.

prayzgod

My children are also home born. They range in age from 4 to 10. With my 10 year old entering the Trivium pre-logic stage, we've stepped up his schooling, and he has really been enjoying it.

I have been trying to find a home school group out where I live, but so far no luck. People at my church say they know of other home school families, and have heard there is a group, but no one has any info for me, LOL.

And, the two groups I have found online in my area charge 20 dollars a month. :( I've found two other home schooling families near me so far. One family I seemed to have scared away with my over-cheerfulness. The other family we've made friends with, but their five children all just about grown up.

I love that I get to educate each of my children. They are each so different, and have different needs and ways of learning. I love that I can cater to their own learning styles, and also that I get to see their talents early on, and can help nurture those talents.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
My children are also home born. They range in age from 4 to 10. With my 10 year old entering the Trivium pre-logic stage, we've stepped up his schooling, and he has really been enjoying it.

I have been trying to find a home school group out where I live, but so far no luck. People at my church say they know of other home school families, and have heard there is a group, but no one has any info for me, LOL.

And, the two groups I have found online in my area charge 20 dollars a month. :( I've found two other home schooling families near me so far. One family I seemed to have scared away with my over-cheerfulness. The other family we've made friends with, but their five children all just about grown up.

I love that I get to educate each of my children. They are each so different, and have different needs and ways of learning. I love that I can cater to their own learning styles, and also that I get to see their talents early on, and can help nurture those talents.

Hi, prayzgod. Yeah, we had struggles with finding other homeschool families at times, but it all worked out.
It is amazing to witness the totally unique individual souls that GOD has created. We have 'identical' twins, and though they look alike and have many similarities, yet they are still each unique. Isn't GOD amazing!