How does consciousness arise from matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

Bob quoting an excerpt from his TOL Battle Royale debate with Zakath:

You believe in something you can't even imagine. You can't even conceive of how a molecule or a protein for that matter or a million of them together begin to become self-aware. That's a kicker for you, isn't it Zakath? Not only because you can't even dream of how it might happen, but because you know that I know that you can't even make a wild guess.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hey Jefferson, I know you are the 'Keeper of the Enyart Shows', but are these 'show' threads fair game for debate?

My first question would be: "Mr. Enyart, can you conceive how a molecule or a protein or a million of them together begin to become aware?"

Please define 'awareness'.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BB... You should call in. Today's show is about to start (4pm central).

1-800-836-9278
or
1-888-836-9278

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Thanks Turbo, but Enyart would make me look bad in front of my 'peeps'. I would never be able to recover from the shame.

I am very curious about his answer to the question I wrote, though.......:think:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BillyBob

Thanks Turbo, but Enyart would make me look bad in front of my 'peeps'. I would never be able to recover from the shame.

I am very curious about his answer to the question I wrote, though.......:think:
Oh I'm sure you would recover just finte. Who among us hasn't stuck his foot in his mouth from time to time.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Things must be getting slow in Christian talk radio if Enyart is reduced to reading excerpts from one of his books... :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.