Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jabez

Can home schooled Children,play sports at the local public school?
I've never heard of this but I guess it would depend on the school and their policies. I'm doubtful that any P.S. would allow this.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I dunno if it has been changed, but from what I understand, here in IN anyway, the public has access to the PS facilities. As long as you don't "demand" a "right" in the middle of class, the kiln and pool are usable. I believe this extends to sports as well, call your local PS admin and see what is available to you :)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Don't forget the sports outside of PS..

Baseball, soccer, karate, swimming, bowling, volleyball...

The local YMCA might have some ideas/leagues for you over the summer months :)

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
Ive tried to get my son interested in other sports,but football is all he wants to do.Ill be working on him..:)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
In many jurisdictions, home-schooled children participate in extracurricular activities including sports, music, and art activities at the government schools.

As taxpaying residents of a county or school district, it's a benefit that's worth investigating.

Do recall though, that the child may be considered an "outsider" by the other children in the group and treated accordingly. You may have to deal with that issue as well.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Zakath

Do recall though, that the child may be considered an "outsider" by the other children in the group and treated accordingly. You may have to deal with that issue as well.

Anti-social behavior? In a public school? Say it ain't so! :shocked:

:D