Hiking

Truster

About 8 years ago I called in to see someone on my way back from the mountains. She inquired as to what I did, "up the mountain", I didn't have an answer, but now I do.

HIKING.

20 percent walking
20 percent observation (all the senses)
20 percent contemplation
20 percent meditation
20 percent gratefulness…..
….. at being able to do all the aforementioned in a carefree,bless'ed and unhurried manner.

I then realised that this is my daily experience. I also realised, from experience, that the percentages are subject to each other. If I focus on walking and that becomes the prime objective everything else suffers.

chair

I just went hiking for 4 days. I wouldn't even try to reduce it to percentages.

It was part of the Israel National Trail. There is also a "Jesus Trail" here, so if any Christian hikers want to come and hike- that one is Kosher!

Chair

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
About 8 years ago I called in to see someone on my way back from the mountains. She inquired as to what I did, "up the mountain", I didn't have an answer, but now I do.

HIKING.

20 percent walking
20 percent observation (all the senses)
20 percent contemplation
20 percent meditation
20 percent gratefulness…..
….. at being able to do all the aforementioned in a carefree,bless'ed and unhurried manner.

I then realised that this is my daily experience. I also realised, from experience, that the percentages are subject to each other. If I focus on walking and that becomes the prime objective everything else suffers.

:thumb:

i have the Adirondack park in my backyard here in upstate new york, a little bigger than Wales

when my boys were in scouts we spent a lot of time hiking and climbing in the adirondacks - your post reminded me of what i've been missing

maybe i'll plan a fall trip

Truster

I just went hiking for 4 days. I wouldn't even try to reduce it to percentages.

It was part of the Israel National Trail. There is also a "Jesus Trail" here, so if any Christian hikers want to come and hike- that one is Kosher!

Chair

I spent three years contemplating and meditating on aman/pistuo,pistoo that have been translated into English mistakenly as faith or believe and correctly as trust.