ECT Hebrews 6:7,8

Cross Reference

“For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God. 
But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.” Hebrews 6:7-8 (ESV)

I believe I was that spiritual land that was wished for, by those who cultivated me, to bring forth a Good crop. But I produced thorns and thistles near to being cursed.

The reason I don't pray for revival today is because what didn't work for me was faulty it did not bring about the desired results for overcoming my vain and wicked life. By the grace of God in my calling out to him for help he sent himself as that which he knew could only bring the victory.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Don't get stuck on stupid." :freak: ~ General Honore :stuck:

[Heb 6:7-8 The peril of not progressing]

"The Appeal for Spiritual Maturity (6:1–12)
The author’s challenge (6:1–3): The writer of Hebrews issues a twofold challenge to his readers.
Don’t go backward (6:1–2): He urges them to stop going over the same old ground again and again.
In the importance of turning from sin and toward God (6:1)
In the importance of baptism, the laying on of hands, the resurrection, and judgment (6:2)
Do go forward (6:3): Push on to maturity in Christ.
The author’s concern (6:4–8): He warns in regard to a dreadful situation.
The impossibility in this situation (6:4–6)
The who (6:4b–5): Those who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit and have tasted of God’s Word.
The what (6:6a): After experiencing this, they turn from God.
The why (6:4a, 6b): These people cannot be brought back to repentance, for they crucify the Son of God all over again.
The illustration for this situation (6:7–8): The author refers to a piece of land to illustrate his point.
When the land is fruitful, it is blessed (6:7).
When the land is fruitless, it is cursed (6:8).
The author’s confidence (6:9–12): He is confident his warning does not apply to his readers." Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible (Heb 6). Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

Word based mystic

I believe that each generation, God has plans to show himself relevant and His Glory evident in the Affairs of men. His power is an evidence that encourage the next generation for their own encounters with God, both personally and corporately.

The World systems will not believe and will consider any expression of Gods Glory and or power through His people as a call to arms to resist and stifle the Word of God.

The world systems will try to destroy and discredit any move/expression or Glory that is revealed through the manifest sons of God.

But these attacks will increase and the resulting growth usually increases spiritually in the people of God.

revelation 12:11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.

Look at how important the words of our testimony are. for this and the next generation.

Truster

“For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God. 
But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.” Hebrews 6:7-8 (ESV)

I believe I was that spiritual land that was wished for, by those who cultivated me, to bring forth a Good crop. But I produced thorns and thistles near to being cursed.

The reason I don't pray for revival today is because what didn't work for me was faulty it did not bring about the desired results for overcoming my vain and wicked life. By the grace of God in my calling out to him for help he sent himself as that which he knew could only bring the victory.

Scripture calls for spiritual discernment and it is vital when examining these two scriptures. The verses are expounding the work of the Holy Spirit firstly on the heirs of promise and secondly on the religious wicked. The religious wicked have never been heirs of promise and the heirs of promise never fall away.

Cross Reference

Scripture calls for spiritual discernment and it is vital when examining these two scriptures. The verses are expounding the work of the Holy Spirit firstly on the heirs of promise and secondly on the religious wicked. The religious wicked have never been heirs of promise and the heirs of promise never fall away.

I will stay with my own experience and insight into what you wish to complicate; to make null and void. It has greatly profited me.

Truster

I will stay with my own experience and insight into what you wish to complicate; to make null and void. It has greatly profited me.

Scripture is not open to the interpretation of man. Scripture meant something to those that first heard it and that is what we must discover.
Your personal religion is based on your next good idea or your next good interpretation and in this case is divorced from the truth.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I will stay with my own experience and insight

With that attitude, you may not find the truth? We can't depend
on "our" personal experience or insight! We must place ALL our
faith in Christ and the "Holy Spirit" that dwells within the "True
Believer!" Hopefully, someday you'll be a member of the "Body
of Christ?" However, it sounds as if you're placing all your faith
in yourself?

Word based mystic

I think what you are implying is that men tried to disciple you rather than them directing you continually to the Holy Spirit as the discipler. Is that correct?

It is the birth and growth of the inner man individually that has any long-term effects.

Cross Reference

I think what you are implying is that men tried to disciple you rather than them directing you continually to the Holy Spirit as the discipler. Is that correct?

It is the birth and growth of the inner man individually that has any long-term effects.

Let it be that I am referring to the church I was brought up in that was deficient in its understanding of the gospel that led me to wrongly presume upon the Lord __ Great worship service though!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"I believe that each generation, God has plans to show himself relevant and His Glory evident in the affairs of men. His power is an evidence that encourage the next generation for their own encounters with God, both personally and corporately.

The world systems will not believe and will consider any expression of God's glory and or power through His people as a call to arms to resist and stifle the Word of God.

The world systems will try to destroy and discredit any move/expression or glory that is revealed through the manifest sons of God."
Children tend to repeat the sins of their fathers. The only thing worse than going to hell is turning around and seeing your son coming in right behind you.

See:

What does the Bible say about breaking generational curses?

"But these attacks will increase and the resulting growth usually increases spiritually in the people of God."
Evil men will grow worse and worse (2 Ti 3:13). His children overcome (Rev. 3:21). Let us not be ashamed when he returns (1 Jn 2:28).

"...[R]evelation 12:11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death."
2 Ti 4:7

"Look at how important the words of our testimony are. For this and the next generation."
Re 12:11

Last edited:

Word based mystic

I grew up in catholic church that was only intermittent involvement.

age 12 I no longer went.

studied occult till 15 years old.

being frustrated. while working on ship docks I cried out to whoever God was that had created me to Show himself and I started saying "I give you all I am"

Holy Spirit came on me so strong that for 3 days I was (high), now I know it as Joy of the Lord.

4 days later i went to my occult book store in fort lauderdale fla and saw a book sticking slightly out of my section I usually visit.
Hal lindsey (satan is alive and well on planet earth). This gave me the basics of the Gospel. from there i went to many protestant churches. With many differing doctrines.

But It was my encounters of His Love and patience with me that kept me going and growing (not my perfect doctrine views).

Then healings and other miracles reaffirmed that scripture was relevant if one believes.

Sadly or maybe gracefully I never had any older man disciple me. But grew with people my age as I went in U.S. navy.

Cross Reference

I grew up in catholic church that was only intermittent involvement.

age 12 I no longer went.

studied occult till 15 years old.

being frustrated. while working on ship docks I cried out to whoever God was that had created me to Show himself and I started saying "I give you all I am"

Holy Spirit came on me so strong that for 3 days I was (high), now I know it as Joy of the Lord.

4 days later i went to my occult book store in fort lauderdale fla and saw a book sticking slightly out of my section I usually visit.
Hal lindsey (satan is alive and well on planet earth). This gave me the basics of the Gospel. from there i went to many protestant churches. With many differing doctrines.

But It was my encounters of His Love and patience with me that kept me going and growing (not my perfect doctrine views).

Then healings and other miracles reaffirmed that scripture was relevant if one believes.

Sadly or maybe gracefully I never had any older man disciple me. But grew with people my age as I went in U.S. navy.

Thanks for sharing WBM. Great testimony!

Mine was the opposite.
Being almost born in church with all that you speak of, sadly never birthed in me sufficient revelation truth to eradicated the vanity/hereditary disfunction that countered the effort of the Holy Spirit. I had to hit rock bottom. After many, many years, His mercy lifted me out of that pit.

Word based mystic

opposite

opposite

Thanks for sharing WBM. Great testimony!

Mine was the opposite.
Being almost born in church with all that you speak of, sadly never birthed in me sufficient revelation truth to eradicated the vanity/hereditary disfunction that countered the effort of the Holy Spirit. I had to hit rock bottom. After many, many years, His mercy lifted me out of that pit.

I have seen that your type of path is harder to overcome after being born again. Because of the hypocrisy and religion seen is much harder to dismiss mentally and memory wise.

your persistence and His Grace is awesome.

My daughter once said that she would like to mess up so she could have a hard life testimony to tell..
we later laugh about that and she agrees now that she is glad not to have developed patterns of sin to struggle in later life with.

I am honored to have both my daughters in love with God and their husbands. my first grand child is on the way.

He is graceful to all in every type of circumstances.

Cross Reference

I have seen that your type of path is harder to overcome after being born again. Because of the hypocrisy and religion seen is much harder to dismiss mentally and memory wise.

your persistence and His Grace is awesome.

My daughter once said that she would like to mess up so she could have a hard life testimony to tell..
we later laugh about that and she agrees now that she is glad not to have developed patterns of sin to struggle in later life with.

I am honored to have both my daughters in love with God and their husbands. my first grand child is on the way.

He is graceful to all in every type of circumstances.

Amen, my Brother! I envy you and them for not having to put up with the accuser, as I must. I live with this verse on a regular basis: Jas 4:7 KJV. However, I also rejoice with the knowledge that I must be worth it for him to bother. . . .;).

DAN P

Hi and I believe it is talking about Israel and that is what the context is teaching and verse 7 and 8 go together !

Verse 7 , if you Produce good Fruit , you are blessed !

Verse 8 , Produce Thorns and Briers and it will be rejected and burned !!

These is not different than 1 Cor 3:12:15 !!

If you produce good works , like Gold , Sliver and Precious Stones , you will receive a reward !!

If you Produce , Hay , Wood or Stubble during your life , the fire will burn them , and receive no reward , but your LIFE will be saved as we are " in Christ .":bang::bang:

dan p