Heaven’s Robots?

dotcom

Originally posted by Aussie Thinker

Bigfoot,

Now.. cmon.. stop ruining the fairy tale by pointing out the contradictions and the ridiculous notions their religion thrives on !

Knight,

You keep talking about angels and their “free will”….

Ever wonder WHY 33 % of them “revolted”.. God must be one hell of a tyrant if 33 % revolted.. KNOWING they would be defeated and banished to hell ???

How BAD must he be ?

Do you see the ridiculousness of this logic..

NO HUMAN would NOT choose God if they knew he existed and was the loving caring deity you think him to be.

You logic is just sooo screwed up I can hardly believe it.

Sunds like an excellent reasoning from an autochthonal confused atheist!

bigfoot

Crow:

“There are a variety of reasons people choose to reject God.
Some I've heard are "I could never believe in a God who allowed _______ (fill in atrocity or natural disaster of your choice.) Or a God who would send people to hell for _______ (fill in crime or perversion of your choice.)
I've known people who rejected God because they feel He promised them basically anything they prayed for, and became angry when He did not deliver as they expected.
I've known people who rejected God because of terrible things that happened in their lives that caused them to feel that God did not care about them.”

All the above examples began with a belief in the existence of God.
However, they all ended when God failed to show any evidence of actually existing/seemingly deserted them.
Hardly surprising, then, that people should change their minds about whether he exists or not.

“I've known those who rejected God because they did not believe in His existance.”
Does not compute!
You have to KNOW something EXISTS in order to REJECT it.
And eternal torment is hardly fitting for those that really do not believe a divine being exists as they have seen no evidence?
Atheists reject the IDEA that God exists, not God himself, as they don’t believe He exists.
If they knew for a FACT God existed, why would most actually deny Him and opt for eternal damnation?
And if they were actually insane enough to do this, shouldn’t God protect these primitive, deluded, finite beings from themselves?

Knight:

“Every soul is an individual with its own personality and such.”
So, why then have any corporeal form at all?
Why not keep everything spiritual?
If every soul already has “its own personality and such”, despite not having had any life experience, why is the life experience necessary?
It does not seem to make a difference.
Indeed, God already knows what ‘choice’ a soul will make before He creates it, so why create the souls that would not choose Him?
That’s unless He actually wants billions to suffer eternally for their insane mistake?

“Maybe, maybe not. keep in mind free-will is a powerful thing. Who would have thought that angels would fall? After all..... angels knew who God was and many still rejected Him.”
OK then, so what’s going to stop a third of Heaven rebelling against God?
If we still have free will in Heaven, this then remains a possibility.
It’s happened before, so why not again?
God seems to have shot himself in the foot.

Duder:

“That would give a great advantage to those who are matured post-mortem! They get to choose God when they have clear evidence of the existence of God and the afterlife. It hardly seems fair to the rest of us who have to place our bets before we "know".
On the nose, my man!

Philosophizer:

“If we're not with Him, we're somewhere where He isn't. Where is that?”
Well, I need not be Hell.
There’s no torment if we do not exist.
But non-existence is not an option, apparently.
Why not?
It would certainly be more ‘loving’ than eternal torment.

Balder:

“… but if people continue to exist and have (painful) experiences apart from God, then it must be because God sustains them in their torment. And this indeed is punishment, isn't it?”

Wise words, sir!

Dotcom:

“Sunds like an excellent reasoning from an autochthonal confused atheist!”
Where does Aussie seem to be confused?

“NO HUMAN would NOT choose God if they knew he existed and was the loving caring deity you think him to be.”
Sounds fair enough to me.

Aussie:

I didn’t think you were being particularly rude or ignorant.
I’ve seen far worse on these boards and these posters are still posting.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by bigfoot
Aussie:

I didn’t think you were being particularly rude or ignorant.
I’ve seen far worse on these boards and these posters are still posting.
TOL is cleaning house.

If you have nothing to add to the debate and your simply popping into threads just to make snide comments then please find another forum to pester.

bigfoot

Knight:

Nothing to add...?

“Every soul is an individual with its own personality and such.”
So, why then have any corporeal form at all?
Why not keep everything spiritual?
If every soul already has “its own personality and such”, despite not having had any life experience, why is the life experience necessary?
It does not seem to make a difference.
Indeed, God already knows what ‘choice’ a soul will make before He creates it, so why create the souls that would not choose Him?
That’s unless He actually wants billions to suffer eternally for their insane mistake?

“Maybe, maybe not. keep in mind free-will is a powerful thing. Who would have thought that angels would fall? After all..... angels knew who God was and many still rejected Him.”
OK then, so what’s going to stop a third of Heaven rebelling against God?
If we still have free will in Heaven, this then remains a possibility.
It’s happened before, so why not again?
God seems to have shot himself in the foot.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

“I've known those who rejected God because they did not believe in His existance.”
Does not compute!
You have to KNOW something EXISTS in order to REJECT it.
And eternal torment is hardly fitting for those that really do not believe a divine being exists as they have seen no evidence?
Atheists reject the IDEA that God exists, not God himself, as they don’t believe He exists.
If they knew for a FACT God existed, why would most actually deny Him and opt for eternal damnation?
And if they were actually insane enough to do this, shouldn’t God protect these primitive, deluded, finite beings from themselves?
When my kid gets caught doing somthing wrong he tries to claim he doesn't know.

Fluke Artist

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Knight Posted

TOL is cleaning house.

So no views that disagree with the administrator will be allowed anymore ?

If you have nothing to add to the debate and your simply popping into threads just to make snide comments then please find another forum to pester.

Didn't bigfoot actually start the thread ?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fluke Artist

Knight Posted

So no views that disagree with the administrator will be allowed anymore ?

Didn't bigfoot actually start the thread ?

I thought Knight was speeking to bigfoot about Aussie Thinker .

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's right, BB.

What a goof. He acts like he was the only atheist at TOL.

dotcom

Dotcom:

“Sunds like an excellent reasoning from an autochthonal confused atheist!”
Where does Aussie seem to be confused?

It is biblically inaccurate to conclude the revolt of 33% of the angels was a result of G-d's tyranny. Aussie is confusing G-d with a tyrant, isn't he?

bigfoot

deardelmar :

'When my kid gets caught doing somthing wrong he tries to claim he doesn't know.'

Bad analogy. Your kid KNOWS you exist.