ECT HAVE YOU NOTICED ACTS 2:7-10 ?

StanJ

Hi to all , and has anyone noticed that when TONGUES were used in Acts 2:7-10 that the 14 spoke in KNOWN LANGUAGES and those that were their heard their OWN Language !
So , when we see anyone speak in a Tongues , why don't we understand them as a Language ?
Know one understands it to be a Language , do you ??
They did not need an INTERPRETER !!
After Joel 2:28 was PARTIALLY FULFILLED , why Tongues ??
Why did they need an Interpreter AFTER Pentecost ??

Acts 2:7-10 (NIV) depicts the Apostles speaking in OTHER tongues, NOT known tongues. There were 12 Apostles and at least 15 countries represented in v9-11. You also missed that v8 says "each of us HEARS them in our native language"
That would be because the Holy Spirit Himself was doing the interpretation to each individual who was hearing them. The hearers were Jews, NOT believers, and required an interpretation due to the size of the crowd and the fact that the Apostles were NOT in a corporate church setting.
The Apostles were not each speaking 15 different languages at once.
In order to understand "tongues" in the corporate church and how they are to be properly used, you have to read what Paul teaches very clearly in 1 Cor 14 (NIV), and how this translates into a meeting of believers.
The bottom line is that WE who have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and do speak in tongues because of that, know these things and don't have a problem with them. Only those who speak against them have a hard time understanding what the scriptures ARE teaching.

DAN P

Acts 2:7-10 (NIV) depicts the Apostles speaking in OTHER tongues, NOT known tongues. There were 12 Apostles and at least 15 countries represented in v9-11. You also missed that v8 says "each of us HEARS them in our native language"
That would be because the Holy Spirit Himself was doing the interpretation to each individual who was hearing them. The hearers were Jews, NOT believers, and required an interpretation due to the size of the crowd and the fact that the Apostles were NOT in a corporate church setting.
The Apostles were not each speaking 15 different languages at once.
In order to understand "tongues" in the corporate church and how they are to be properly used, you have to read what Paul teaches very clearly in 1 Cor 14 (NIV), and how this translates into a meeting of believers.
The bottom line is that WE who have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and do speak in tongues because of that, know these things and don't have a problem with them. Only those who speak against them have a hard time understanding what the scriptures ARE teaching.

Hi and I did not miss Acts 2:8 what soever !

Acts 2:8 reads like this , " And how do WE Hear each in our own LANGUAGE in which we were born ."

The verb " hear / akovo " is in the Greek Present Tense , Active Voice and Indicative Mood ."

#1 , The Present Tense it was CONTINUOUS Action as long as Pentecost was continuous !

#2 The Active Voice , means that the subject is doing the action , the FATHER , Acts 1:4 !

#3 The Indicastive Mood means it is a FACT !

iIt was the Holy Spirit that was disbursing the Interpretation , should be a given !!

Reading Acts 19:6 , Paul LAID his hands on 12 disciple and they spoke in Languages and Prophesying !

This can NOT happen again , UNTIL the Great Tribulation !!:bang::bang:

Pentecost IS OVER !!

dan p

StanJ

Hi and I did not miss Acts 2:8 what soever !
Acts 2:8 reads like this , " And how do WE Hear each in our own LANGUAGE in which we were born ."
The verb " hear / akovo " is in the Greek Present Tense , Active Voice and Indicative Mood ."
#1 , The Present Tense it was CONTINUOUS Action as long as Pentecost was continuous !
#2 The Active Voice , means that the subject is doing the action , the FATHER , Acts 1:4 !
#3 The Indicastive Mood means it is a FACT !
iIt was the Holy Spirit that was disbursing the Interpretation , should be a given !!
Reading Acts 19:6 , Paul LAID his hands on 12 disciple and they spoke in Languages and Prophesying !
This can NOT happen again , UNTIL the Great Tribulation !
Pentecost IS OVER !!

It's already BEEN established you can't properly exegete scripture, so don't try with your inane Tense, Voice, Mood crap.

It says WE HEAR, NOT they speak.

The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense.
Some phrases which might be rendered as past tense in English will often occur in the present tense in Greek. These are termed "historical presents," and such occurrences dramatize the event described as if the reader were there watching the event occur. Some English translations render such historical presents in the English past tense, while others permit the tense to remain in the present

The active voice represents the subject as the doer or performer of the action. e.g., in the sentence, "The boy hit the ball," the boy performs the action

The indicative mood is a simple statement of fact. If an action really occurs or has occurred or will occur, it will be rendered in the indicative mood.

Putting your biased slant to these grammatical issue is NOT exegesis, it is eisegesis.

Yes that is exactly what happened in Acts 19:1-7, and it wasn't a one time experience just for them, as Paul clearly shows in v2, it was to be a common experience for ALL believers when or after they received Jesus as their savior. Did you receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit yet?

DAN P

It's already BEEN established you can't properly exegete scripture, so don't try with your inane Tense, Voice, Mood crap.

It says WE HEAR, NOT they speak.

The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense.
Some phrases which might be rendered as past tense in English will often occur in the present tense in Greek. These are termed "historical presents," and such occurrences dramatize the event described as if the reader were there watching the event occur. Some English translations render such historical presents in the English past tense, while others permit the tense to remain in the present

The active voice represents the subject as the doer or performer of the action. e.g., in the sentence, "The boy hit the ball," the boy performs the action

The indicative mood is a simple statement of fact. If an action really occurs or has occurred or will occur, it will be rendered in the indicative mood.

Putting your biased slant to these grammatical issue is NOT exegesis, it is eisegesis.

Yes that is exactly what happened in Acts 19:1-7, and it wasn't a one time experience just for them, as Paul clearly shows in v2, it was to be a common experience for ALL believers when or after they received Jesus as their savior. Did you receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit yet?

Hi and it is probably right for you as you are a NOVICE , as 1 Cor 3:1-3 and STICK to milk !!:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

StanJ

Hi and it is probably right for you as you are a NOVICE , as 1 Cor 3:1-3 and STICK to milk

Yeh you stick to that story so you can make yourself feel better about NEVER even having had milk.
You're a pretender/goat Dan and Matt 25:32 (NIV) is your fate.

DAN P

Yeh you stick to that story so you can make yourself feel better about NEVER even having had milk.
You're a pretender/goat Dan and Matt 25:32 (NIV) is your fate.

Hi , so tell me WHO are the :

#1 , Who are the Sheep ?

#2 , Who are the GOATS ?

#3 Who are the Kings and Priests ?

All 3 will be in the Millenium IF you know who they are ?? ?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

StanJ

Hi , so tell me WHO are the :

#1 , Who are the Sheep ?

#2 , Who are the GOATS ?

#3 Who are the Kings and Priests ?

All 3 will be in the Millenium IF you know who they are?

1. Real Christians
  2. Fake Christians
  3. The King is Jesus and he is also High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.
Which apparently you don't.

DAN P

1. Real Christians
  2. Fake Christians
  3. The King is Jesus and he is also High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.
Which apparently you don't.

Hi and you are KIDDING ??

Don't know Pentecostalism and have no clue as to what is !! MILLENNIUM !!

Where do you see Christians in Matt 25:31-34 ??

CHRISTIANOS is the Greek word for Christian !!

dan p

oatmeal

Hi to all , and has anyone noticed that when TONGUES were used in Acts 2:7-10 that the 14 spoke in KNOWN LANGUAGES and those that were their heard their OWN Language !

So , when we see anyone speak in a Tongues , why don't we understand them as a Language ?

Know one understands it to be a Language , do you ??

They did not need an INTERPRETER !!

After Joel 2:28 was PARTIALLY FULFILLED , why Tongues ??

Why did they need an Interpreter AFTER Pentecost ??

dan p

Have you ever read I Corinthians 13:1?

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels....

There is no guarantee that when a person speaks in tongues in the presence of others that someone there will know and understand the utterance that God gives. Acts 2:4

The utterance is as God gives it, as the believer believes to speak

DAN P

Have you ever read I Corinthians 13:1?

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels....

There is no guarantee that when a person speaks in tongues in the presence of others that someone there will know and understand the utterance that God gives. Acts 2:4

The utterance is as God gives it, as the believer believes to speak

Hi and I have read it many times and why not say what is on your mind , that I have no LOVE , right ?

Which of ther 5 verb tenses are you talking about ?

Have you read 1 Cor 14:28 , But if there be no Interpretor , LET him keep SILENT in the assembly and LET him speak to himself and to God !!

What you think ?? :deadhorse::deadhorse::

dan p

StanJ

Hi and you are KIDDING ??

Don't know Pentecostalism and have no clue as to what is !! MILLENNIUM !!

Where do you see Christians in Matt 25:31-34 ??

CHRISTIANOS is the Greek word for Christian !!

dan p

Are you awake, or on drugs?

I answered your questions and you just zig zag in some other direction like a spaz.

Already told you and won't bother repeating myself.

Yes and it means "Follower of Christ".

StanJ

Hi and I have read it many times and why not say what is on your mind , that I have no LOVE , right ?

Which of ther 5 verb tenses are you talking about ?

Have you read 1 Cor 14:28 , But if there be no Interpretor , LET him keep SILENT in the assembly and LET him speak to himself and to God !!

What you think ??

dan p

Well if it walks like a ducks and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck....

It doesn't matter as you don't know anything about tenses as has already been clearly shown.

Again as you don't understand that Paul is talking to the corporate church and to those who HAVE received the infilling/baptism of the Holy Spirit, you can't possibly understand what he is communicating.

I think you don't know what you are talking about.

DAN P

Well if it walks like a ducks and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck....

It doesn't matter as you don't know anything about tenses as has already been clearly shown.

Again as you don't understand that Paul is talking to the corporate church and to those who HAVE received the infilling/baptism of the Holy Spirit, you can't possibly understand what he is communicating.

I think you don't know what you are talking about.

Hi and 1 Cor 14:28 , you can EXPLAIN !!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Why can you not , try the OP ??

dan p

StanJ

Hi and 1 Cor 14:28 , you can EXPLAIN !!
Why can you not , try the OP ??

Already did, and NOT surprisingly you don't get it, or just don't want to. In 1 Cor 12, Paul is speaking to the established church about the GIFT of tongues and prophesy in a corporate setting, NOT about the initial evidence of the infilling/Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

DAN P

Already did, and NOT surprisingly you don't get it, or just don't want to. In 1 Cor 12, Paul is speaking to the established church about the GIFT of tongues and prophesy in a corporate setting, NOT about the initial evidence of the infilling/Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Hi , and do not go away as you provide a lot of entertainment as what not to believe and keep it up !!

What verse are you using for an " infilling /baptism " of the Holy Spirit ?

Want to see how you see and EXPLAIN Eph 5:18 , And be not DRUNK with Wine , wherein is Excess , but be FILLED with the Spirit !!

Are you always DRUNK , or are you sober enough to explain this verse ??:deadhorse::deadhorse:

dan p

StanJ

What verse are you using for an " infilling /baptism " of the Holy Spirit ?
Want to see how you see and EXPLAIN Eph 5:18 , And be not DRUNK with Wine , wherein is Excess , but be FILLED with the Spirit !!
Are you always DRUNK , or are you sober enough to explain this verse ??

Are you blind as well? You started this thread and you don't know or remember what you read? You've also quoted Acts 10 and 19 before and you don't remember that either?
Obviously the JOKE is YOU.
Why would I explain anything to a so-called Greek expert who doesn't really KNOW Greek and refuses to learn?
:loser:

DAN P

Are you blind as well? You started this thread and you don't know or remember what you read? You've also quoted Acts 10 and 19 before and you don't remember that either?
Obviously the JOKE is YOU.
Why would I explain anything to a so-called Greek expert who doesn't really KNOW Greek and refuses to learn?
:loser:

Hi , and if Paul was here , you will never believe , even if he were to be raised from the DEAD , you BLOVIATOR !!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DAN P