Have You Been Crucified With Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Some will say, "How can I be crucified with Christ when Christ was crucified over 2000 years ago?" Physically we cannot be crucified with Christ. But spiritually we have been crucified with Christ. You will not be saved unless you have been spiritually crucified with Christ.

Paul wrote, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live." Galations 2:20.

What did Paul mean when he said that? This is kind of like Nicodemus trying to figure out how he could be born again, John 3:4. The Bible is a spiritual book written by men that were indwelt by the Holy Spirit. It was written by Christians for Christians. If you have trouble with the Bible it may be that you are not a Christian. Those that are indwelt by the Holy Spirit do not have a problem with the Bible.

"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection. Knowing this that our old man (Adam) is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that hence forth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him" Romans 6:5-8.

This is all very spiritual and will not be understood by those that are not Christians. This is how God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. It is also how God has reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19. This is more than just our identifying with Christ. This is how God sees us in Jesus Christ. In Jesus Christ we have lived, died and have been resurrected and now sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6. This is why Paul wrote,

"And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

Spiritually, we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Colossians 3:3. Jesus has come into the world as God's new Adam. By his righteous, sinless life, he has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. He did this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

Because he was sinless he was able to atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

"For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

Jesus has perfected our humanity and has taken it back to heaven. What is our part in all of this? Our part is to believe and embrace it as our only means of salvation. There is no room in this Gospel for religion. If you want to be saved by Jesus Christ you will have to leave your religion outside and enter in by faith and by faith alone.

daqq

No one receives the Promise until after having done the will of Elohim:

Hebrews 10:35-39 KJV
35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36 For ye have need of patience, that,
after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

Anyone who despises the above teaching, despises not man, but Elohim.
Mortify your "members" which are upon the earth, (Col 3:5 KJV).
Mortify the deeds of the body, (Rom 8:13 KJV).
This is no doubt the will of Elohim. :)

Robert Pate

Banned
No one receives the Promise until after having done the will of Elohim:

Hebrews 10:35-39 KJV
35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36 For ye have need of patience, that,
after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

Anyone who despises the above teaching, despises not man, but Elohim.
Mortify your "members" which are upon the earth, (Col 3:5 KJV).
Mortify the deeds of the body, (Rom 8:13 KJV).
This is no doubt the will of Elohim. :)

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ. When you do that, God doesn't see you anymore. He sees you in Christ. "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

daqq

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

That is for those who do not know Messiah. After you come to believe, if you do, then what I showed you above from the scripture is the will of Elohim. Anyone who despise, despises not man, but Elohim, (not my words but the words of Paul the servant of Elohim and apostle of Messiah).:)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Those who are Christ's HAVE crucified all their emotions. If you haven't crucified all your emotions your not in Christ.

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

Robert Pate

Banned
Those who are Christ's HAVE crucified all their emotions. If you haven't crucified all your emotions your not in Christ.

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

To live and walk in the Spirit is to live and walk in the Gospel.

In the Gospel we are perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

In the Gospel we have ceased from our works (religion) and rest in his work, Hebrews 4:10.

In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

jsanford108

Because he was sinless he was able to atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Jesus has perfected our humanity and has taken it back to heaven. What is our part in all of this? Our part is to believe and embrace it as our only means of salvation. There is no room in this Gospel for religion. If you want to be saved by Jesus Christ you will have to leave your religion outside and enter in by faith and by faith alone.

First off, you must be a pamphlet writer. This is one of the best "pamphlet" proclamations I have ever read.

The part(s) I wish to address and question you on are those listed above.
1.) Do you believe that Christ atoned for the sins of the whole world, both the saved and the damned? (I know this is a tangent of the topic. If you don't want to address it, I understand)

2.) I would say that faith is the first step towards salvation. However, faith alone is a faulty doctrine. Note that in the Bible, the only verse that says "faith alone" is preceded by the words "not by." (James 2:17) It is faith, due diligence, and "works" that allow us to attain heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

daqq

First off, you must be a pamphlet writer. This is one of the best "pamphlet" proclamations I have ever read.

1.) Do you believe that Christ atoned for the sins of the whole world, both the saved and the damned? (I know this is a tangent of the topic. If you don't want to address it, I understand)

2.) I would say that faith is the first step towards salvation. However, faith alone is a faulty doctrine. Note that in the Bible, the only verse that says "faith alone" is preceded by the words "not by." (James 2:17) It is faith, due diligence, and "works" that allow us to attain heaven.

Wow, your are in the wrong thread to be saying that kind of stuff, but me likey! :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no room in this Gospel for religion.

Good point. Religion is about law.

Paul said, "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"

I can see why you despise religion, it's about love.

jsanford108

Wow, your are in the wrong thread to be saying that kind of stuff, but me likey! :)

I probably am. However, such things should be addressed when seen. If Pate doesn't address them, I understand. And if you are the kind of person to point stuff out, then I am already impressed.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
To live and walk in the Spirit is to live and walk in the Gospel.

In the Gospel we are perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

In the Gospel we have ceased from our works (religion) and rest in his work, Hebrews 4:10.

In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I said

Col 2:10-11
10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
(NKJ)

Heb 3:18-4:1
18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

CHAPTER 4

1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
(NKJ)

Nanja

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

All the Sheep, or Elect, chosen of the Father In Union with Christ Eph. 1:4, were In Him when He was crucified, and so it's reckoned by God that they were also risen together with Him Col. 2:13.

Paul addressing the Church of God, all the Saints, spoke these words:

1 Cor. 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

2 Cor. 5:14-15 KJV
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead [the Saints, Elect]: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

The Holy Spirit quickens, makes Spiritually Alive, everyone of the Elect in Christ, that were risen to New Life in Him, and gives them Faith to believe in Him Gal. 5:22.

Heb. 13:20-21
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Rom. 8:14-19
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Robert Pate

Banned

Yes, Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. Proof of this is that God has accepted Jesus into heaven and has made him both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

Salvation is by faith alone, because salvation is by Christ alone. The book of James was one of the first books in the Bible. Many including James did not understand the Gospel and justification by faith. James was a Judaizer. He believed in Jesus, but he also believed that you must keep the law of Moses.

Robert Pate

Banned
Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

All the Sheep, or Elect, chosen of the Father In Union with Christ Eph. 1:4, were In Him when He was crucified, and so it's reckoned by God that they were also risen together with Him Col. 2:13.

Paul addressing the Church of God, all the Saints, spoke these words:

1 Cor. 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

2 Cor. 5:14-15 KJV
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead [the Saints, Elect]: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

The Holy Spirit quickens, makes Spiritually Alive, everyone of the Elect in Christ, that were risen to New Life in Him, and gives them Faith to believe in Him Gal. 5:22.

Heb. 13:20-21
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Rom. 8:14-19
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

You have not been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23.

What you have is religion.

jsanford108

Yes, Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. Proof of this is that God has accepted Jesus into heaven and has made him both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

Salvation is by faith alone, because salvation is by Christ alone. The book of James was one of the first books in the Bible. Many including James did not understand the Gospel and justification by faith. James was a Judaizer. He believed in Jesus, but he also believed that you must keep the law of Moses.

Would the first book of the NT not also be the Gospel according to John? Someone who knew Jesus very personally. As did James. Yet neither one mentions "faith alone" as a means of salvation.

From a historical perspective, would not those closest to Christ's physical lifetime, have been able to understand his teachings better than us today, since they lived with him and his apostles?

beloved57

Some will say, "How can I be crucified with Christ when Christ was crucified over 2000 years ago?" Physically we cannot be crucified with Christ. But spiritually we have been crucified with Christ. You will not be saved unless you have been spiritually crucified with Christ.

Paul wrote, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live." Galations 2:20.

What did Paul mean when he said that? This is kind of like Nicodemus trying to figure out how he could be born again, John 3:4. The Bible is a spiritual book written by men that were indwelt by the Holy Spirit. It was written by Christians for Christians. If you have trouble with the Bible it may be that you are not a Christian. Those that are indwelt by the Holy Spirit do not have a problem with the Bible.

"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection. Knowing this that our old man (Adam) is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that hence forth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him" Romans 6:5-8.

This is all very spiritual and will not be understood by those that are not Christians. This is how God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. It is also how God has reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19. This is more than just our identifying with Christ. This is how God sees us in Jesus Christ. In Jesus Christ we have lived, died and have been resurrected and now sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6. This is why Paul wrote,

"And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

Spiritually, we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Colossians 3:3. Jesus has come into the world as God's new Adam. By his righteous, sinless life, he has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. He did this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

"For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

Dude you teach that sinners Christ died for , having put away their sins,still die in their sins in unbelief Jn 8:24

Robert Pate

Banned
Dude you teach that sinners Christ died for , having put away their sins,still die in their sins in unbelief Jn 8:24

Yep, and you will be one of them. This is why there is a judgment and a hell. It is for people like yourself that have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ.

Nanja

Yep, and you will be one of them. This is why there is a judgment and a hell. It is for people like yourself that have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ.

So, you admit that those Christ died for, having put away their sins, still die in unbelief John 8:24.

That's blasphemy against the efficaciousness of the Blood of Christ for whom it was shed!