Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Hangin' Around with CabinetMaker

Wednesday June 7th, 2006. This is show # 113.

Summary:
* Bob agrees with CabinetMaker from TOL that it's worse for your child to become a murderer than to be murdered. But then Bob explained why it is proper for Christians to harshly rebuke the Harris and Klebold parents for their unrepentant hearts and for the bad parenting that led to the Columbine murders.
* Bob excerpts a cover story from his classic monthly magazine, The Rational Inspirer, titled Adams City Takes State Titles: 108 Babies in One School Year... A Record! Hear about public high school teacher Vicky McRoberts who lied to deny the filthy homework assignment she had given her students.
Today's Resource: While supplies last, with any order (such as of our witnessing video on the resurrection, Mt. Moriah) you can request an original June 1993 edition of Bob Enyart's monthly magazine, The Rational Inspirer. Just ask for the one with the pregnant cheerleader on the cover. Order online or at 800-836-9278!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow!!! What a great show. Bob gives a brilliant lesson about being "Christ like".

This show is a "MUST" listen. :up:

MrRyanPeters

Bob and CabinetMaker on the show did a great job. True the Harris and Klebold parents did open up and say what a bad job as parents they did. We wish we lived in Colorado, (I ask this as a 10 year fan of Bob Enyart and share his views) But I wonder How many of the Columbine families that are a (Bob Enyart Faith Type) Christian who are NOT suing either the Harris or Klebold family? Is their 1 that Not Suing the Sheriff? Or even trying to make a Buck off the Rx Company because one of the murders was on Zoloft? I know many are called but few are chosen. My wife and I learn as always from the show, but have heard a show last year blaming one of the anti-depressants for the murders. It was easy to see that money was behind the talk, even though it wasn’t mentioned. Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadant

kmoney said:
How much blame does Bob put on the parents?

Only as much as a parent deserves when they don't bring their children up right, and the children kill many innocent people.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
Hangin' Around with CabinentMaker

Wednesday June 7th, 2006. This is show # 113.

Summary:
* Bob agrees with CabinetMaker from TOL that it's worse for your child to become a murderer than to be murdered. But then Bob explained why it is proper for Christians to harshly rebuke the Harris and Klebold parents for their unrepentant hearts and for the bad parenting that led to the Columbine murders.
* Bob excerpts a cover story from his classic monthly magazine, The Rational Inspirer, titled Adams City Takes State Titles: 108 Babies in One School Year... A Record! Hear about public high school teacher Vicky McRoberts who lied to deny the filthy homework assignment she had given her students.
Today's Resource: While supplies last, with any order (such as of our witnessing video on the resurrection, Mt. Moriah) you can request an original June 1993 edition of Bob Enyart's monthly magazine, The Rational Inspirer. Just ask for the one with the pregnant cheerleader on the cover. Order online or at 800-836-9278!
Somebody can't spell Cabinet.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Jadant said:
Only as much as a parent deserves when they don't bring their children up right, and the children kill many innocent people.
Does Bob know how the children were raised?

Jadant

kmoney said:
Does Bob know how the children were raised?

There is enough evidence in the public record to show that the parents either knew or should've known that something was going on.

There were assualt rifles, pistols, sawed off shutguns, and pipe bombs in their house. Harris had detailed descriptions and diagrams of how to build a pipe bomb on his website, which he created on his father's computer. Both boys had been arrested for multiple charges, and where in a court mandated program when they bought the guns. The pipe bombs were made in Harris's garage. If the parents didn't see these things going on in their own home, they weren't paying attention. Also, Katherine Harris had been told by Brooks Brown and his parents that the boys were threatening Brown's life. This was also reported to the police.

Even if you could excuse the parents for missing these signs, they did not handle the aftermath very well. It was 5 months after the shootings when the Harris family finally agreed to cooperate with the investigation. Even after that point, both families struggled with the courts to keep all the records sealed, even from the families of the victims.

Can you really contend that the families had no part in shaping their sons? Isn't it enough evidence against the parents that their sons grew up to worship Hitler, threaten people, steal, buy guns, build bombs, plan a massacre, document the planning of that massacre, and ultimately carry out that massacre?

edited for grammar, although there are probably still some grammar or spelling errors.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MrRyanPeters said:
but have heard a show last year blaming one of the anti-depressants for the murders.
I don't remember Bob ever blaming a drug for the murders at Columbine. I remember a guest saying something like that, and Bob did not agree with her. Is that the show you're referring to? If so, the way you put it is misleading and you should be more careful about the things you say.

But I wonder How many of the Columbine families that are a (Bob Enyart Faith Type) Christian who are NOT suing either the Harris or Klebold family? Is their 1 that Not Suing the Sheriff? Or even trying to make a Buck off the Rx Company because one of the murders was on Zoloft?
:confused: Could you say that again? I'm not following what you're trying to ask.

Are victims' families suing the Harris and Kliebold families and/or the manufacturers of Zoloft? If so, which ones?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Jadant said:
There is enough evidence in the public record to show that the parents either knew or should've known that something was going on.

There were assualt rifles, pistols, sawed off shutguns, and pipe bombs in their house. Harris had detailed descriptions and diagrams of how to build a pipe bomb on his website, which he created on his father's computer. Both boys had been arrested for multiple charges, and where in a court mandated program when they bought the guns. The pipe bombs were made in Harris's garage. If the parents didn't see these things going on in their own home, they weren't paying attention. Also, Katherine Harris had been told by Brooks Brown and his parents that the boys were threatening Brown's life. This was also reported to the police.

Even if you could excuse the parents for missing these signs, they did not handle the aftermath very well. It was 5 months after the shootings when the Harris family finally agreed to cooperate with the investigation. Even after that point, both families struggled with the courts to keep all the records sealed, even from the families of the victims.

Can you really contend that the families had no part in shaping their sons? Isn't it enough evidence against the parents that their sons grew up to worship Hitler, threaten people, steal, buy guns, build bombs, plan a massacre, document the planning of that massacre, and ultimately carry out that massacre?

edited for grammar, although there are probably still some grammar or spelling errors.
I would never deny that parenting does indeed shape children, but the quote above says Bob said the parents should repent "...for the bad parenting that led to the Columbine murders." I just wanted to know how far Bob took that......

Jadant

The lawsuit against the Klebolds and the Harrises was filed in U.S. District Court in Denver in 2000 by the families of slain students Daniel Rohrbough, Kelly Fleming, Matt Kechter, Lauren Townsend and Kyle Velasquez. The families believe that Wayne and Kathy Harris and Tom and Sue Klebold should have known what their children were up to and prevented it.

This article no longer exists, but there is still a cached copy on google: http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:plAb2r7MCDAJ:www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/columbine/article/0,1299,DRMN_106_2143145,00.html+harris+klebold+sue+parents+suit&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=10

Jadant

kmoney said:
I would never deny that parenting does indeed shape children, but the quote above says Bob said the parents should repent "...for the bad parenting that led to the Columbine murders." I just wanted to know how far Bob took that......

I didn't feel like it monopolized the show, but how far he took it is a little subjective. You probably should just listen for yourself.

Jadant

A Tale of the Two Counselors also reveals a bit of information dealing with the current status of the court cases dealing with the Columbine murders and evidence that the parents knew something was very wrong with their children. Another excellent show!

MrRyanPeters

Turbo said:
I don't remember Bob ever blaming a drug for the murders at Columbine. I remember a guest saying something like that, and Bob did not agree with her. Is that the show you're referring to? If so, the way you put it is misleading and you should be more careful about the things you say.

:confused: Could you say that again? I'm not following what you're trying to ask.

Are victims' families suing the Harris and Kliebold families and/or the manufacturers of Zoloft? If so, which ones?

I guess I didn't put it the way some would understand it. I only went to Public schools for my education. I am also assuming that all of you would know I wouldn't say something negavite about Bob Enyart.
Those of you that live in Colorado, could easily look up who is suing the makers of Zoloft, on the Columbine murders, unless the Federal courts pay more.

Status
Not open for further replies.