Gym Revokes Woman's Membership After She Complains About a Man Using Women's Room

shagster01

If you believe that, wouldn't it stand to reason that a medical fix would be to hormone treat them as what they actually are, instead of transitioning them and hormoning them into what they arent? (dont answer, just think about it or post in your own thread)

I would appreciate it though, if you wish to change the topic from trangenders being allowed in womens rest rooms to whether being that way is a choice (different topic) that you make a thread of your own about it, instead of hijacking mine, thanks!

Wouldn't you feel it's important to the discussion? I mean, whether it's a choice or not has a lot to do with the person's right to be in that dressing room, in my opinion.

Also, res brought it up, not me.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What do clothes have to do with being transgender anyway?

I'm not exactly sure why the lady brought it up but I'm guessing her thought is that if the person is seriously transgender then they would dress accordingly.

Whether or not this is a good analogy, I'm reminded of when someone says that if someone is going to use a religious exemption for something they have to show a certain level of commitment and devotion for the religion, which makes sense to me for the most part. Apply the same concept here. If you are going to say you are the gender and want to use the bathroom that doesn't match your body then you should show a certain level of seriousness about it. Clothing can be one indication of that. But in some cases you'd be forcing someone into a particular clothing stereotype.

shagster01

I'm not exactly sure why the lady brought it up but I'm guessing her thought is that if the person is seriously transgender then they would dress accordingly.

Whether or not this is a good analogy, I'm reminded of when someone says that if someone is going to use a religious exemption for something they have to show a certain level of commitment and devotion for the religion, which makes sense to me for the most part. Apply the same concept here. If you are going to say you are the gender and want to use the bathroom that doesn't match your body then you should show a certain level of seriousness about it. Clothing can be one indication of that. But in some cases you'd be forcing someone into a particular clothing stereotype.

The comedian Eddie Izzard calls himself a "male lesbian". Maybe this guy is too? :idunno: