Gun rights activist shot by her 4-year-old son

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Jamie Gilt: Gun rights activist shot by 4-year-old son after claiming he was 'jacked up' to fire weapons

An outspoken gun rights activist has been shot and wounded by her four-year-son - hours after she posted a message on social media saying how “jacked up” he was to shoot a weapon.
Police in Florida said Jamie Gilt was in a stable condition in hospital after being shot in the abdomen while driving. Police said it appeared her son, sitting in the back seat, had somehow managed to get his hands on a .45 calibre handgun and shoot her, the bullet passing through her body.
“She was shot through the seat and the round went through her back,” Capt Joseph Wells of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, told the Florida Times-Union

Poor kid. He'll have to live with that for the rest of his life now.

She's lucky she still has a life. I wonder if she's still happy he's "jacked up" about shooting a weapon.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Irresponsible Gun rights activist shot by her 4-year-old son,

Fixed that heading for ya Anna.

I was walking into Target the other night and outside was a young man openly carrying a handgun on his hip. As I walked by I heard him drop the "F word" about 3 or 4 times during the conversation he was having with some other young people.

Obviously he was enjoying his 2nd Amendment rights. Obviously he didn't know that along with his 1st Amendment rights comes responsibility (other people don't want to hear his foul language).

The woman in the car had a right to carry a gun, she just wasn't being responsible.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
u12.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

baby-phillip-06.jpg

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I feel bad for the son, who will most likely live with guilt that should not belong to him. His mother is an irresponsible gun owner.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I feel bad for the son, who will most likely live with guilt that should not belong to him. His mother is an irresponsible gun owner.

Agreed, and it could have been even more terrible, he could have killed her.

Regarding the interrupted plans to let him target shoot, why would anyone let a 4-year-old shoot a weapon in the first place?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Regarding the interrupted plans to let him target shoot, why would anyone let a 4-year-old shoot a weapon in the first place?

Most likely so the child would be familiar with guns and associate them with a dangerous weapon rather than a play toy. My father took me along when he went out for target practice when I was about seven years old. Of course even when I was younger, I would have never messed with my dad's guns. I knew better.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Most likely so the child would be familiar with guns and associate them with a dangerous weapon rather than a play toy. My father took me along when he went out for target practice when I was about seven years old. Of course even when I was younger, I would have never messed with my dad's guns. I knew better.

Taking a child along for target practice is one thing - but actually letting a 4-year-old shoot a weapon?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Or he could have shot himself. Or a sibling.

From 2015:

People are getting shot by toddlers on a weekly basis this year

This week a 2-year-old in South Carolina found a gun in the back seat of the car he was riding in and accidentally shot his grandmother, who was sitting in the passenger seat. This type of thing happens from time to time: A little kid finds a gun, fires it, and hurts or kills himself or someone else. These cases rarely bubble up to the national level except when someone, like a parent, ends up dead.
But cases like this happen a lot more frequently than you might think. After spending a few hours sifting through news reports, I've found at least 43 instances this year of somebody being shot by a toddler 3 or younger. In 31 of those 43 cases, a toddler found a gun and shot himself or herself.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Way to exploit dead babies to make a pointless off-topic post on the internet, Nick. You have no class whatsoever.

Way to exploit a dead father in an accidental death to promote your heathen position on liberty. Go straight to hell you pervert.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Way to exploit a dead father in an accidental death to promote your heathen position on liberty. Go straight to hell you pervert.

Go jump in a lake.

You used dead babies to troll a thread on the internet, and you can't justify your crassness no matter how much you try. You're lower than scum.

This is a thread about children having access to guns. If you don't want to address that subject, stay off the thread.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
This is a thread about children having access to guns.

4 year old children shouldn't have unsupervised access to guns :idunno:

now, having said that, this thread should be done

but i suspect you'll find reasons to drag it out interminably