GUN CONTROL ; The easy way.

Artur Axmann

A few weeks after any mass shooting is when the public loses interest and starts to yawn about controlling the easy purchases of weapons of mass destruction called self defense fire arms.

The reason why the masses lack any incentive to follow through with serious gun legislation is due to the fact that the dispensable in our society such as the country western dancers and other concert goers are never missed.

Who cares about those in America that can be easily replaced or are considered part of the vast surplus population or the class of useless eaters ,too stupid to matter?

Now to understand this better; lets say a very large number of the "chosen " were gunned down in cold blood. And not even a large number ,even a much smaller number than what usually takes place in the land of laws and not men.

What if the delegates to the next AIPAC convention in DC or a great meeting of Hassidic devotees

were to meet in their national capitol ,Brooklyn New York

and instead of being greeted with flowers they were met with rapid firing AR15s. ??

Do you think we would get a very restrictive national gun policy ?

It's a matter of who counts in this country and who does not!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
103835_600.jpg

The American public have been sold "a bill of goods" that the "right to bear arms" is essential for the preservation of their personal safety, freedoms and way of life.

American needs to look no farther than their Canadian neighbour, with which it shares 55250 miles of common border!

The fact that there are no walls required to prevent those 2nd Amendment deprived Canadian "hordes" from storming across the border in search of American freedom and democracy says it all!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

The American public have been sold "a bill of goods" that the "right to bear arms" is essential for the preservation of American society.

American needs to look no farther than their Canadian neighbour, with which it shares 55250 miles of common border!

The fact that there are no walls required to prevent those 2nd Amendment deprived Canadian "hordes" from storming across the border in search of American freedom and democracy says it all!
You don't seem to like America too much since Trump trounced Hillary :carryon:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
politics-us_politics-nra-gun_lobby-gun_lobbyists-gun_debates-jho130117_low.jpg

You don't seem to like America too much since Trump trounced Hillary :carryon:

When 1 deranged individual is allowed the means to kill 58 and wound over 500 innocent American citizens, perhaps, just perhaps, our politicians should consider it their duty to do everything in their power to ensure that history doesn't repeat itself.

Apparently "patrick jane" considers this to be un-American!

jsanford108

When 1 deranged individual is allowed the means to kill 58 and wound over 500 innocent American citizens, perhaps, just perhaps, our politicians should consider it their duty to do everything in their power to ensure that history doesn't repeat itself.

Are you calling for the banning of cars? After all, they have the greatest number of fatalities.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

everready

What our Founding Fathers, and others, had to say about gun control and freedom.

"They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania..

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as they are injurious to others." -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia (1781-1785).

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." -George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426.

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson.

"(The Constitution preserves) the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." -James Madison.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria.

"Arms in the hands of citizens (may) be used at individual discretion...in private self defense..." -John Adams, A defense of the Constitutions of the Government of the USA, 471 (1788).

"...arms...discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. ...Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them." -Thomas Paine.

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." -Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p322.

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson, Bill for the More General diffusion of Knowledge (1778).

"To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them..." -George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380.

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-8.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined...The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.: -Patrick Henry.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -Patrick Henry

"To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." -Richard Henry Lee writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic (1787-1788).

"The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms." -Samuel Adams, debates & Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87.

"...the people have a right to keep and bear arms." -Patrick Henry and George Mason, Elliot, Debates at 185.

"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." -James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 (June 8, 1789).

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms." -Richard Henry Lee, Additional Letters from the Federal Farmer (1788) at 169.

"The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age..." -Title 10, Section 311 of the U.S. Code.
(see http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/)

"The people are nor to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them." -Zachariah Johnson, 3 Elliot, Debates at 646.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J. Boyd, Ed., 1950).

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government..."-Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist (#28).

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms." -Tench Coxe, Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution, under the pseudonym "A Pennsylvanian" in the Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1989 at col. 1.

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms has been recognized by the General Government; but the best security of that right after all is, the military spirit, that taste for martial exercises, which has always distinguished the free citizens of these States...Such men form the best barrier to the liberties of America." -gazette of the United States, October 14, 1789.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. the supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States." -Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principles of the federal Constitution (1787) in Pamphlets to the Constitution of the United States (P. Ford, 1888).

"If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live." -Martin Luther King Jr., June 23, 1963. Speech in Detroit.

Statements of The Enemies of Liberty:

"Government begins at the end of the gun barrel." - Chaiman Mao

"One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ... Make mass searches and hold executions for found arms." --V.I. Lenin.

"If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves." --Joseph Stalin.

"We are taking the law and bending it as far as we can to capture a whole new class of guns." - Jose Cerada, (White House official who specializes in gun control policy), The Los Angeles Times

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans ..." Bill Clinton (USA TODAY, 11 March 1993, page 2A)

everready

everready

Maybe Patrick doesn't think the guy did it i know i don't.

everready

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure the those killed and wounded in the Las Vegas massacre will take comfort in the fact that "Patrick jane" considers their ordeal to be nothing more than an inconvenient truth - "fake news!"

The Fake News you reported as fact was that the Firearms Industry has no regulations and takes no steps for safety.

You can try to impugn my character by suggesting that I don't feel sad and prayerful about what happened on Route 91. You are using their deaths as a political game and you should be ashamed of yourself.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The Fake News you reported as fact was that the Firearms Industry has no regulations and takes no steps for safety.

You can try to impugn my character by suggesting that I don't feel sad and prayerful about what happened on Route 91. You are using their deaths as a political game and you should be ashamed of yourself.

In+Guns+We+Trust+Cartoon.jpg

Save the self-righteous lectures and "crocodile" tears - I'm not the one referring to my adversary as "jgarbage!"

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

db150827_shooting-ARCAMAX.jpg

If the Las Vegas shootings had been conducted by "terrorists," the government would have taken immediate action and there would have been no talk of "using their deaths as a political game" and that we should be "ashamed" to address it!

Given, however, that this massacre reflects badly on the NRA's successfully campaign against the ban on "assault weapons," the gun lobby and its Republican surrogates want to suppress all discussion of the need for gun control - under the guise of showing respect for the victims!

The best way to honor those killed and wounded in Los Vegas would be to demand action to ensure that history isn't doomed to repeat itself - instead of pushing it under the table!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_States

chair

Now to understand this better; lets say a very large number of the "chosen " were gunned down in cold blood. And not even a large number ,even a much smaller number than what usually takes place in the land of laws and not men.

What if the delegates to the next AIPAC convention in DC or a great meeting of Hassidic devotees

and instead of being greeted with flowers they were met with rapid firing AR15s. ??

Amazing how much antisemitism there is on TOL.

jsanford108

At least the auto industry is subject to government regulation to promote safety - the gun industry is exempt!

False. Guns are regulated. For example, fully automatic weapons are illegal (except with permit to Military and Police). Modifications that make or imitate fully auto are illegal. Felons can't legally buy a gun, but they can buy a car, even if they ran someone over. Background checks are federally required when purchasing a gun; not required for purchasing a car. The list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
A few weeks after any mass shooting is when the public loses interest and starts to yawn about controlling the easy purchases of weapons of mass destruction called self defense fire arms.

The reason why the masses lack any incentive to follow through with serious gun legislation is due to the fact that the dispensable in our society such as the country western dancers and other concert goers are never missed.

Who cares about those in America that can be easily replaced or are considered part of the vast surplus population or the class of useless eaters ,too stupid to matter?

What's the easy way?

Artur Axmann

What's the easy way?

Pat, you have to look at reality as it truly exists and now how you would like it to be. You have to face up to things in the icy cold reality of a winter morning.

Whereas I understand the need for self defense and the fact that murderers will use other instruments of death to carry out their evil deeds ,it still remains that a knife wound can and usually is attended to by anyone able to apply a tourniquet.
but a gun shot wound to the chest usually is a fatal blow and a tourniquet wound be rendered useless.

ask any adult for additional information on this timely subject.

Artur Axmann

people gunned down are never missed. They are expendible; that's why gun control legislation never gets out on the floor of the house for an up or down vote.

change those murdered and you may get some action.