Greetings!

canticlast

Howdy all! I looked around quite a bit before deciding on these forums. From my limited poking around here I got a good impression, mostly that folks seemed both serious and respectful and it also seemed like the most diverse while still being Christ centered. So that's why you folks. Why me on a theology forum? First to learn, to challenge my own viewpoints, to simply have discourse with others that find value in this sort of thing and perhaps to offer a different viewpoint now & then. I find the places that I "fit" within modern American protestant churches to be few. Not that I couldn't have a mutually beneficial place in many, but finding a place where I need not feel like I have to choose between being misunderstood or having to explain myself. If that makes any sense.

I've been a Christian for about 15 years, a few years preceding that were spent "warming up" (meaning mostly a lot of personally created trauma), prior to that I was agnostic and pretty forward about it. If you caught me in a bad mood I might say I was atheist, but more to be confrontational than earnest. A few important variables that helped me come to Christ (and may help present where I'm coming from) were 1. A very apparent need, at least for something different 2. An interest and (informal) background in philosophy 3. An appreciation for religious art and tradition. 4. the prayers and help of others.

I gotta run to welding class right now, I may add a little more later. Oh, I'm presently computer-less so my access is limited for a while.

Also my username... I tried to think of something with a "ring" to it & I have very strong opinions on the subject of music & all the more so worship music, thusly "canticle + iconoclast" Thanks for having me! :)

Howdy all! I looked around quite a bit before deciding on these forums. From my limited poking around here I got a good impression, mostly that folks seemed both serious and respectful and it also seemed like the most diverse while still being Christ centered. So that's why you folks. Why me on a theology forum? First to learn, to challenge my own viewpoints, to simply have discourse with others that find value in this sort of thing and perhaps to offer a different viewpoint now & then. I find the places that I "fit" within modern American protestant churches to be few. Not that I couldn't have a mutually beneficial place in many, but finding a place where I need not feel like I have to choose between being misunderstood or having to explain myself. If that makes any sense.

I've been a Christian for about 15 years, a few years preceding that were spent "warming up" (meaning mostly a lot of personally created trauma), prior to that I was agnostic and pretty forward about it. If you caught me in a bad mood I might say I was atheist, but more to be confrontational than earnest. A few important variables that helped me come to Christ (and may help present where I'm coming from) were 1. A very apparent need, at least for something different 2. An interest and (informal) background in philosophy 3. An appreciation for religious art and tradition. 4. the prayers and help of others.

I gotta run to welding class right now, I may add a little more later. Oh, I'm presently computer-less so my access is limited for a while.

Also my username... I tried to think of something with a "ring" to it & I have very strong opinions on the subject of music & all the more so worship music, thusly "canticle + iconoclast" Thanks for having me! :)

Welcome. :cheers: