ECT Grace: How I Believe it is administered

Cross Reference

Grace: How I Believe it is administered

“For if by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)” Romans 5:17 (KJV)

“It is the work that God does through us that counts, not what we do for Him. All that Our Lord heeds in a man’s life is the relationship of worth to His Father. Jesus is bringing many sons to glory.”
Oswald Cambers

God's grace is a variable to those He grants it. To give all at the outset would be to invite failure in the that one who receives because of the law of his flesh. Proof of this is found throughout scripture. It might even be said that we are saved by grace that must be worked out for it to be made effective.

If grace breaks the power of sin then one must remain in grace. Not to do so would render grace to be of no value. By choice we negate it and suffer whatever the consequences until true repentance is made effective by motivation unto obedience. Obviously, grace is by merit that God determines and since sin cannot be justified, to remain in it is to make null and void God’s grace except as a variable dependent upon the will turned toward God. To believe for forgiveness without repentance is therefore, futile. Vanity and the grace of God can never co-exist.

The Cross of Jesus, was set to become an inward principle after our salvation. It is the giving over our lives for the fulfilling of God’s Ultimate intention for having created man. It is progressive and proportional [grace], dependent wholly upon how well we embrace “the way of the cross”. Ephesians 1:4 says that we should stand before him blameless and holy because we love him. So is the issue one of not being able or our lack of willingness to follow after Christ to produce in us that special love for our Father Jesus had that will bring rectification to our heart concerning eternal matters? In this we can see why Paul would instruct us to “Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” 2 Corinthians 13:4-5 (KJV)

Truster

They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.​

Cross Reference

"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time" 1 Peter 5:5-6 (KJV)

Cross Reference

Here's the switch from mercy to Grace.

Paul speaking:

"Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

And after his conversion and new birth:

And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus"
1 Timothy 1:13-14 (KJV)