Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Theology Thursday: Got Wisdom?

This is the show from Thursday July 23rd, 2015

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” (James 1:5) So we ask God for wisdom and God gives it to us but even that is not mystical. It’s not magic. God doesn’t have some knowledge dust that He sprinkles in your mind and now suddenly you have wisdom. Is that how we get wisdom? No. We get wisdom the same way we get strength. How do you get physical strength? By exercise. You exercise your faith and trust in God and your faith grows. So you can starve your doubts to death and grow your faith by trusting in God. And so when we ask God for wisdom we get it because the very process of asking Him is confirming to ourselves that I am not the end-all and the be-all of truth and knowledge and understanding. God is the source of all truth and wisdom. And so I look to Him for wisdom and you know what happens? I get it.

Summary:

Godly Wisdom: In today's Theology Thursday, Bob shows the value of having Godly wisdom and how it helps us to discern right from wrong.

You can help support our mininstry during our telethon buy going to our online store and donating, signing up for one of our monthly subscriptions or by purchasing any of our ministry audio, video or print resources.

* Bob Enyart on Hagmann & Hagmann Report:

* Wacky Caller Video at 740 Views: If you'd like to enjoy this very silly YouTube video, you'll push it to the mini-goal of 750 views, on its way to a thousand. (Our goal of getting 100,000 views on the BEL YouTube channel before year end includes our effort to get more than 1,000 views on 25 videos, so this fun one will be on its way once it hits 750 views!) Thanks so much!