Going Beyond City Limits on Shabbat

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Revi'i, 8-19. It is day, yom. I would like to discuss the following. Is there a distance within a city beyond which it is forbidden to pass or travel on Shabbat? Also, is this about not leaving one's home, neighborhood, community on Shabbat? Is it permitted to go to the synagogue on Shabbat? If the city in which one resides does not have a synagogue, what are the options? I live in Tacoma, Washington. We have several synagogues here. What is a place? How is this generally understood? What is the right understanding on this?

Negative Commandment 321 (Digest)
Going Beyond City Limits on Shabbat

"Let no man go out of his place on the seventh day"—Exodus 16:29.

It is forbidden on Shabbat to travel more than 2,000 cubits (approximately 3000 ft.) out of a city's parameters.

Shalom.

Jacob

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

What do you mean by saying that?

I do believe that this verse if it applies to a city is saying that a city is a or the place (mentioned in the verse).

Shalom.

Jacob
I don't know why you put yourself under the law.

Galatians 5:4 KJV - Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't know why you put yourself under the law.

Galatians 5:4 KJV - Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Shalom.

I am not justified by the law and I am not under the law, but I do want to keep and teach God's Commandments found in the Law, the Torah, the TaNaKh, the Bible, as I believe God has instructed me in Jesus Christ, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Shalom.

Jacob