Genesis 18 comment

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Genesis 18 comment[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
1. (The LORD / Yahwah) (saw / appeared to) Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day.
2. Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby.

The people in Heaven are also called elohiym. Abraham saw a god. It is a shame that the translators are so reckless in their translating.[/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]A god[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 1:18. No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The above script should read (a god). Small g.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 10:34. Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Above Christ himself says that he is a god from heaven.[/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 33:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But," He said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Judges 13:22[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"We are doomed to die!" he said to his wife. "We have seen God!"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 1:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No one has ever seen God, but the only begotten son who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 John 4:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In order for there to be no contradiction in scripture, Judges 13:22 should have read (seen a god.) Scripture repeatedly says that person is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a man[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Our Holy God is not a man, but a Holy Spirit.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Genesis 32:24.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]26 Then the man said, "L[/FONT][FONT=&quot]et me go, for it is daybreak." [/FONT][FONT=&quot]But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]27 The man a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]sked him, "What is your name?" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"Jacob," he answered.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]28 Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]29 Jacob said, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"Please tell me your name." [/FONT][FONT=&quot]And he replied, "Why do you ask my name?" Then he blessed him there. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]30 So Jacob called the place PENIEL, saying, "It is because I saw (a god) God face to face, and yet my life was spared."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Judges 13:17. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Then Manoah inquired of the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]messenger of Yahwah[/FONT][FONT=&quot], "What is your name, so that we may honor you when your word comes true?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]18 He replied, "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Why do you ask my name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]? It is beyond understanding [or Secret]."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]19 Then Manoah took a young goat, together with the grain offering, and sacrificed it on a rock to Yahwah, who did an amazing thing while Manoah and his wife watched:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20 As the flame blazed up from the altar toward heaven, the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]messenger of Yahwah[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ascended in the flame. Seeing this, Manoah and his wife fell with their faces to the ground.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]21 When the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]messenger of Yahwah[/FONT][FONT=&quot] did not show himself again to Manoah and his wife, Manoah realized that it was [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a messenger of Yahwah[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 "We are doomed to die!" he said to his wife. "We have seen [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a god[/FONT][FONT=&quot]!"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]23 But his wife answered, "If [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Yahwah[/FONT][FONT=&quot] had meant to kill us, he would not have accepted a burnt offering and grain offering from our hands, nor shown us all these things or now told us this."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]24 The woman gave birth to a boy and named him Samson. He grew and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Yahwah[/FONT][FONT=&quot] blessed him, 25 and the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Spirit of Yahwah[/FONT][FONT=&quot] began to stir him while he was in Mahaneh Dan, between Zorah and Eshtaol.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 10:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NIV Foot note on Psalm 40:6. b.Psalm 40:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Hebrew; Septuagint: but a body you have prepared for me (see also Symmachus and Theodotion)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yahwah, the Holy Spirit, placed Peniel's spirit into a body created in Mary's womb; and Peniel was born Yahshua.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Peniel, Penuel, Phanuel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Our scriptures inform us that the Messiah [Christ] appears in the last days with great power and authority; like God the Father.
Yahshua was called Peniel [ appears like God ] and was the Angel [Messenger] of The Lord [Yahwah.]

Holman Bible Dictionary: PENIEL
(pih ni' ehl) Alternate form of Penuel at Genesis 32:30.

Holman Bible Dictionary: PENUEL
(pih nyoo' ehl) Name meaning, “face of God.” 1. Descendant of Judah and founder (father) of Gedor (1 Chronicles 4:4). 2. A Benjaminite (1 Chronicles 8:25). 3. Site on River Jabbok northeast of Succoth where Jacob wrestled with the stranger (Genesis 32:24-32; compare Hosea 12:4). The city was destroyed by Gideon because its inhabitants refused him provisions while he pursued the Midianites (Judges 8:8-9,Judges 8:17). Jeroboam I built (perhaps rebuilt or fortified) the city (1 Kings 12:25). The site is identified with the easternmost of two mounds called Tulul edh-Dhahab, which commands the entrance to the Jordan Valley from the Jabbok gorge, about seven miles east of the Jordan.

Holman Bible Dictionary: PHANUEL
(fuh nyoo' ehl) Alternate form of the personal name Penuel meaning, “face of God.” Father of the prophetess Anna (Luke 2:36).

Book of Enoch: Phanuel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am a Judaeo Christian. I am AntiPagan, AntiGnostic, AntiMystic, AntiKabala, and AntiSecret Society. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Signed: Michael. [/FONT]

TrevorL

Greetings CherubRam,
Genesis 18 1. (The LORD / Yahwah) (saw / appeared to) Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day.
2. Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby.
The people in Heaven are also called elohiym. Abraham saw a god. It is a shame that the translators are so reckless in their translating.
Abraham saw an angel who represented Yahweh, and he was accompanied by two other angels. Their appearance at first at least was as men, and hence verse 2. The translators appear to be correct and your interpretation of “a god” appears incorrect.
[FONT="]A god[/FONT]
John 1:18. No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. [/FONT]
The above script should read (a god). Small g.
I prefer the KJV of this:
John 1:18 (KJV): No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
I do not agree with the translation “a god”.
John 10:34. Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
Above Christ himself says that he is a god from heaven.
Jesus is not claiming to be “a god”, but he is drawing upon the fact that the mortal judges in Israel were called gods or Elohim, because they represented God in judgement. I found your next Post very confusing and strange, especially the latter part. Again I suggest that your translation throughout this third Post of "a god" is incorrect.

Kind regards
Trevor.

TrevorL

Greetings again CherubRam,
Some days it does not pay to get up.
I assume you are ready to wake up for the next day, and I am not sure if you were just having a bad day yesterday, or you simply disliked my comments. I read my comments again and am satisfied with them. (Partially) sorry if this spoils your second day.

Kind regards
Trevor

CherubRam

Greetings again CherubRam,I assume you are ready to wake up for the next day, and I am not sure if you were just having a bad day yesterday, or you simply disliked my comments. I read my comments again and am satisfied with them. (Partially) sorry if this spoils your second day.

Kind regards
Trevor

Trevor, your comment was really off the mark. You need to re-evaluate.