games for younger kids

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
Hey, everyone! I do not homeschool, but I work a lot with my kids at home (only one is in school yet- kindergarten). I'm not happy with how they are showing her to read (I prefer phonics), so I've been working with her at home with workbooks and things like that.
I wanted to know if anyone knows of any sites where kids can go and play games- preferably educational ones. I know that Yahoo has one, but the only thing she can do on there is tic tac toe- the rest are for older kids. I wanted to try to find something for her to do on the computer that is fun (that she could learn from, too). If not, are there any things out there that I can download for free? Thanks.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Try www.pogo.com, Rubia. They have a game called Poppit! I think it would be appropriate for the age. All she has to do is pop matching balloons that are adjacent to each other. The object is to clear as much of the board as possible. And, if you want, you can turn off the chat so that she doesn't see any inappropriate chat.

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
Cool.Thanks Nori! If anybody has any more, let me know!
I'll check it out in the morning before she goes to school. (It's the only time she & I can be alone without the other 2 getting mad!)LOL

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
Aw, man, thanks, Nori! You're the bomb.
I have done a search before, but I must not've been putting in the right words, 'cuz I was having to sift through a bunch of junk, and I got impatient and quit.
Thank you!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL! I typed in Free Online Educational Games into Google.com.