Fox Square's All-American Christmas Tree burned in fire, suspect arrested

Fox Square's All-American Christmas Tree burned in fire, suspect arrested

The massive All-American Christmas Tree outside Fox News’ New York City headquarters was seriously damaged in a fire early Wednesday and police say they arrested the man accused of sparking the flames.

Fox News security spotted the suspect, later identified as Craig Tamanaha, climbing the 50-foot-tall tree at the center of Fox Square just after midnight. The Sixth Avenue and 48th Street location is in the heart of Midtown.

NYPD officers arrived at the scene and saw the suspect running from the location. They took him into custody before filing charges that included criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and arson. City firefighters managed to extinguish the blaze.

Crews will rebuild the tree this month, Fox News has confirmed

tree-fire-fox-nyc-big-burn-1.jpg

Arthur Brain

It seems that Craig Tamanaha is a homeless man with mental illness. A lot of people who are homeless unsurprisingly suffer similar including war veterans who are let down by the system. That isn't condoing this sort of thing in any way but context should be taken into account.

It seems that Craig Tamanaha is a homeless man with mental illness. A lot of people who are homeless unsurprisingly suffer similar including war veterans who are let down by the system. That isn't condoing this sort of thing in any way but context should be taken into account.

A homeless man, with a mental illness, in the New York winter cold, took the effort to climb way up INSIDE of a huge tree to commit arson from the INSIDE of the tree, and he chose the Fox News Tree out of them all. And the police, understaffed, defunded, in a stroke of sheer luck, found the one homeless man out of thousands who did the deed, AND they found him in half a day.

Ladies and gentlemen, let that ridiculous stupid story simmer in your brain for a few moments, and then tell me that this member is not willing to regurgitate any lie that advances his Marxist agenda.

Arthur Brain

A homeless man, with a mental illness, in the New York winter cold, took the effort to climb way up INSIDE of a huge tree to commit arson from the INSIDE of the tree, and he chose the Fox News Tree out of them all. And the police, understaffed, defunded, in a stroke of sheer luck, found the one homeless man out of thousands who did the deed, AND they found him in half a day.

Ladies and gentlemen, let that ridiculous stupid story simmer in your brain for a few moments, and then tell me that this member is not willing to regurgitate any lie that advances his Marxist agenda.
Well, unless you've got evidence to the contrary then Craig Tamanaha is indeed a homeless man with mental illness. You ironically bring up the New York winter cold so what do you suppose that's like for homeless people? It didn't read as "sheer luck" that the police found the guy, they were alerted to the event.

I don't have any "Marxist agenda" to promote but continue with that particular bunk if you like.

Arthur Brain

Well shuttup. Youi disgust me
So, you haven't got evidence to the contrary? It would be more surprising if the police didn't arrive at the scene or were alerted to what was going on. You're hardly endearing to me either, especially with your ridiculous accusations of being a Marxist but hey ho.

Arthur Brain

And I suppose there is no possible way at all for the real criminal to plant evidence on some poor bum in the street as they escape the scene of their crime right?

It is a tragedy that the likes of you even exist.
That's your angle on this?! Wow...no wonder you buy into election conspiracy bunk.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond