Falsehoods About Creationism/Scripture

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have pointed out many times on this forum that many evolutionists believe that the Bible teaches that God created lifeforms in exactly the same form that they exist today. Answersingenesis points out this same "myth" and deplores the fact that many Christians believe this falsehood also

Why do they have so many misconceptions?
by Paul Taylor, AiG–UK June 27, 2006
Debating evolutionists is one of the things we often have to engage in at the AiG ministries. Frankly, it can get frustrating when we constantly have to cover old ground, and time after time our beliefs and ideas are misunderstood (and sometimes misquoted). It is even more frustrating when Christians, who purport to believe the Bible, also fall into the category of having misconceptions about the book of Genesis.

In recent weeks, I have attempted over and over again to correct the false rumour that creationists believe that all animals have existed exactly as they are today since they were created. This is absolutely wrong. (See our article about biblical kinds and speciation at Natural selection and speciation.) Yet the numerous corrections we have sent through many channels (media interviews, books, web articles, etc.) seem to have had little difference.

For more see:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2006/0627misconceptions.asp

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MindonFire said:
So what is your theory?

The Intelligent Designer did what human designers would "give their eye teeth" to be able to pull off : create mechanisms that have a built-in capability to adapt to changing environments. As an added bonus, self-reproduction would also be nice.

Give God the glory. :first:

MindonFire

bob b said:
The Intelligent Designer did what human designers would "give their eye teeth" to be able to pull off : create mechanisms that have a built-in capability to adapt to changing environments. As an added bonus, self-reproduction would also be nice.

Give God the glory. :first:

So the difference with evolutionist and creationists is that creationists have placed God into the equation of evolution?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MindonFire said:
So the difference with evolutionist and creationists is that creationists have placed God into the equation of evolution?

I can't speak for all creationists of course, but many of us believe some of the same things that evolutionists do, in fact people like Behe are technically evolutionists.

The fundamentalist Christians, however, insist that Genesis is essentially true when interpreted in a straighforward manner, while recognizing that some expressions are "figures of speech" and some elements may be symbolic. But God did create the universe and multiple types of life during the six days of Creation Week and there was a Flood of water that covered the entire Earth, destroying all air-breathing animals except for those on the Ark.

25 years ago I believed in evolution and an old Earth. Not any more. The evidence is too strong against those ideas.

allsmiles

When did this theory of "guided evolution" as Granite put it, become popular? Whatever the label you use to describe it is, I'd like to know when it began :)

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the Pope had said what the director of the observatory did now that would be news.

MindonFire

Granite said:
That strikes me as guided evolution; a concession, more than anything.

Well there is nothing wrong with evolution. Evolution occurs, the problem comes from trying to take God out of the equation by the evolutionist. At the same time there are ignorant Christians who try to take science out of the equation. God and science go hand in hand. There are questions in science that cannot be answered unless you put God into the equation. And there are questions about God that cannot be answered unless you put science into the equation. For example, you can scientifically explain miracles, but you will never be able to explain them withou including God into the equation.

spaz

BANNED
Banned
Like my link shows, this need for God by pathetically trying to hold on to gaps in evolution theory is a denial of God.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
spaz said:
Like my link shows, this need for God by pathetically trying to hold on to gaps in evolution theory is a denial of God.

By "gap" do you mean the fact that "random mutations plus natural selection" has no ability to add information to a genome?

Or do you mean that one of the best evidences against macro evolution is the fossil record?

Please explain youself for after looking at evidences like these I have come to believe that the scientific evidences argue strongly that macroevolution is a "modern myth".