excretion

Status
Not open for further replies.

aharvey

Originally posted by bob b

The situation would appear to be the same physically whether our bodies evolved or not.

Or is this another one of those "God wouldn't have done it that way" arguments that Darwin, Gould and others thought were so compelling?

I always thought it strange that a person could argue that God wouldn't have done it that way and then in almost the same breath turn around and argue that God doesn't exist.

:confused:
Originally posted by Knight

Or that God wouldn't have done it "that way" but that mother nature would have. In other words... in one breath the evolutionists argue how amazing evolution is, yet at the same time attempt to find flaws in design as a way to discredit God.

Bob, Knight, I don't think you understand the true nature of the argument :shocked:

It goes like this:

1. FACT (or OBSERVATION).
2. EXPLANATION of said fact/observation as provided by
a. model one (for example, evolutionary theory).
b. model two (for example, creationism).
c. etc.

I'm not sure I agree with billwald's original fact (remember, scientifically speaking, a fact is not the same as a proven truth, and so could be incorrect). However, you seem to be (intentionally?) distorting his logical construct. He hasn't said anything like model 2 is false (i.e., "God wouldn't do it this way" ). He asked what's model two's explanation? (i.e., "why would God do it this way?"). The two are hardly the same!

And Knight, shame on you. Surely by now you understand that evolution does not "work" to produce "perfect" organisms! "Apparent adaptations" and "apparent imperfections" are both universal realities. The question is, which model provides the most compelling explanations for both? Not just in a vague, generic, arm-waving sort of fashion, but on a specific, case by case basis as well. The problem is, of course, that until creationism gets some sort of legitimate scientific basis (at this point we'd settle for a coherent, specific model!), it will be unable to provide any explanations beyond "because that's how God did it," and any support beyond "there's only one other alternative, and it's obvious that that one's WRONG!!!"

Mr Jack

I unconvinced that humans "soil themselves" anymore than other animals - we merely need to squat in order to defecate.

And as a side issue - ever watched a hippo poo? They deliberately spread their faeces everywhere by rapidly swishing their tails while defecating.

Crow

Originally posted by Mr Jack

I unconvinced that humans "soil themselves" anymore than other animals - we merely need to squat in order to defecate.

And as a side issue - ever watched a hippo poo? They deliberately spread their faeces everywhere by rapidly swishing their tails while defecating.

Yup. It really hits the fan, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.