Evolution makes people say the funniest things

Right Divider

Body part
Title of the article:
[h=1]Artificial intelligence is evolving all by itself[/h]
First paragraph:
Artificial intelligence (AI) is evolving—literally. Researchers have created software that borrows concepts from Darwinian evolution, including “survival of the fittest,” to build AI programs that improve generation after generation without human input. The program replicated decades of AI research in a matter of days, and its designers think that one day, it could discover new approaches to AI.
Ever single thing that this AI program does was DESIGNED by an INTELLIGENT DESIGNER.... there is nothing remotely "evolutionary" about it.

The funniest part: "without human input". :french:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Title of the article:
First paragraph:

Ever single thing that this AI program does was DESIGNED by an INTELLIGENT DESIGNER.... there is nothing remotely "evolutionary" about it.

The funniest part: "without human input". :french:

And where might we find the original article?

Right Divider

Body part
Did you read the underlying paper or just the article.
I read what I quoted... which was very funny.

I looked at the paper and cannot come close to understanding it. Perhaps you have more technical computer background than the average bear and can analyze and explain the research to us common folk.
I don't plan to read and explain the research. I've been computer engineer for about 35 years.

Evolution has so pervaded the minds of many that they cannot help but get silly about it.

Humans design computer programs.
Humans decide what input it takes and exactly what is does with that input.
Computer programs do not evolve without human input.