Evangelism through the behavior of homeschoolers!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now that is a tricky title for a thread!

Let me explain...

Tonight before hockey practice my sons coach came up to me and told me....

"Ya know... Jordan and Dominic are so well behaved, how do you do it?"

I said....

"Well.. they are homeschooled"

He said...

"Yea I somebody told me that but why does that make them so good. I wish every kid on this team was as well behaved as Jordan and Dominic."

I told him....

"We teach the boys to place God before everything. And when you have your priorities straight like that God spills out of you and helps you to be a good person."

He looked at me with a big smile yet I could tell he was hearing something he had never heard before.

I thanked him for noticing and told him that meant way more to me than hearing about their play out on the ice.

Ages

Home schooling does help Knight, but the biggest thing a parent can do for their kids is live the life in front of them. That "train a child in the way he should go". The example we set for our kids, effects them their whole lives. We raised our kids in regular school, but paid attention to who their friends were, and what they were being taught. I'm still justly proud of them.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's funny, Knight! :D I know that people have reported me to DFS because my daughter's too well behaved. They assumed that it means that I abuse her. But, it's because she hasn't had a teacher telling her that it's all right for her to act out if she's upset with me. That and I've done my best to teach her to act as a Christian.

Goose

This is great thread. I've experienced the same thing with kids I know. Just being salt and light in the world, you bless people's lives. I know that I'm only 22, but I HIGHLY wished that my parents shared the bible and raised me in a more Godlike way. My father is very wise and knows a lot and my mother is kind, but I still wish they would have shared the Gospel with me in knowledge and word. Bread for the body is good but bread for the spirit is mandatory too. They have experienced life longer than me and know more, but I know more when it comes to the bible, and this creates unbalance and conflict. I feel a lot like I'm playing catch-up(in my learnings) and when I envision a family of my own, I wish to teach them about God and His Word first, as well as regular schooling. Man cannot live on bread alone and you need that foundation set first, before you can build a house.

All this is kinda scary because I know how good I have had it! It's actually a little scary when I look at people who weren't raised in such a loving family as I've been raised in, or as the families that we're posting about.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The neat thing is when kids not only are well behaved but when it goes beyond the fact that they are simply because they know they will suffer consequences by the parents if they don't. When they get old enough to know that good behavior and respect for adults is just the way things should be, it's very rewarding.