Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just called my local DMV to find out what my son would need in order to take the written drivers test for a permit. I was told that because he was homeschooled he would need to take a reading proficiency test. Is it just me or does this make no sense?

One Eyed Jack

You'd think anybody taking a written test would know how to read, wouldn't you? Maybe they figure too many illiterates slipped through guessing multiple-choice.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Makes no sense to me either, Poly. I just called mine and they said that all Jess needs to get hers is her birth certificate and social security card. I asked about the reading proficiency test (saying that a friend said that her son has to take one to get his permit), and they said no. In fact, (and I think this is ridiculous) they said that if she had problems reading, they will read the test to her.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by One Eyed Jack
You'd think anybody taking a written test would know how to read, wouldn't you? Maybe they figure too many illiterates slipped through guessing multiple-choice.
That's true. I forgot about it being mulitiple choice. This usually isn't the greatest way to give a test.