ECT DO WE FOLLOW JESUS IN BAPTIZING ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and there are many people and me included , that we need to follow the Lord in BAPTISM !!

If that is true , will some one explain Luke 12:50 to US ??

Luke 12:50 reads Bur I have a BAPTISM to be BAPTIZED with , and how am I STRAITENED till it be Accomplished !!

#1 Is this water Baptism ? NO it is not !!

#2 , Why not you say ?

#3 , Because the Greek word used here is NOT BAPTISM BUT is the Greek word baptisma !!

#4 BAPTISMA means that there is ONLY one Baptizer and it is the HOLY SPIRIT !!

Here , in Acts 1:5 is clear , that after Water Baptism , thre only BAPTISM left id HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM with power !!

#5 This BAPTISMA is for POWER to get through the Great Tribulation that is to come and gthe Gospel writers and CONTEXT is Israel !!

First , this POWER was given at PENTECOST which is the NEAR VIEW and because of the setting aside of Israel 2 Cor 3:13-16 !!

The FAR VIEW will being AFTER THE DEPARTURE of the B O C !!

dan p

DAN P

What is the meaning of baptisma?

Hi and in Acts 1:5 , you will see 2 different KINDS of BAPTISM !!

#1 , One is water baptism by John !!

#2 , The second one is the BAPTISMA and it ONLY performed by the Holy Spirit !!

dan p

Danoh

What is the meaning of baptisma?

Contrary to the traditions of men; baptism is not really the issue of dipping and or sprinkling, or what have you.

Rather, the actual issue is that of identity.

Of identifying a thing as having been, or become, or been made one in identity and or agreement with another.

Note how that in the following, identities as to who is actually aligned with what...is the issue.

Matthew 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

A simple one to point out there is the one about "shall baptize you with...fire."

How that His fan will be In His Hand, and by it, He will thoroughly purge His floor.

The result?

Two identities will stand out.

One will be found identified by said fire as having identified, or having been in agreement with Him: His wheat.

In contrast to that one, the other will be found identified by said fire as not having identified with, or having been in dis-agreement with Him: The chaff.

Even lost people now use the phrase "my baptism of fire" in a similar (though not the same) sense.

Baptism is the issue of identities.

As in said fire's baptism or "wrath to come."

Note said contrast in identies between both groups that said baptism of fire or wrath to come, is said to result in...

Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

In this is found a simple example from Scripture of how to arrive at the intended sense of the more complex aspects of a thing, by approaching it's much simpler to solve aspects.

All forms of baptism in Scripture (Hebrews 9:10's "divers washings") are the issue of identifying a thing as aligned or in agreement with a thing, or not.

In this, even the following is a form of a baptism, or of identifying a thing as to what sort it is; as to what it is one in identity, or in alignment with.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 3:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; 3:23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

And this is merely the tip of the iceberg on this issue of Identities.

Scripture has much to teach on these kinds of Identities themes.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A simple one to point out there is the one about "shall baptize you with...fire."

We are each one tested by fire.

"Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear for the Day will declare it because it will be revealed by fire and the fire will test each one’s work of what sort it is."
(1 Corinthians 3:12-13)

DAN P

Good, but what is the meaning of baptisma?

Hi and I have told you many times and you will never believe me !!

BAPTISMA means there is only one who can do a BAPTISMA , and it is the Holy Spirit , can you understand that , there is no MORE WATER BAPTISM in the AGE OF GRACE , ot in the MYSTERY and no more Water Baptism in the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and I have told you many times and you will never believe me !!

You have never provided an English definition for the word baptisma.

You have only provided an opinion of what the word means to you.

Danoh

We are each one tested by fire.

"Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one's work will become clear for the Day will declare it because it will be revealed by fire and the fire will test each one's work of what sort it is."
(1 Corinthians 3:12-13)

That was not my point.

My point was that Baptism is the issue of Identification.

Even in the rarer definition of baptism; such is the case.

Wherein a piece of cloth dipped in a color takes on said color as its own.

Only, in Scripture, the sense is more like how the immune system reacts when it identifies an element introduced into it.

It either identitifies it as it's own and or in agreement with itself; in which case, it is accepted.

Or it identifies it as being not of it's own and not in accord with it; in which case it is rejected.

That is the sense of the various baptisms described In Scripture.

The various baptisms of fire will identity of what sort is the individual dipped into or tried by said fire.

Water baptism of an individual did likewise.

It proved of what sort the Israelite's actual conscience was and not only before God; but before said Israelite's fellow Israelites.

Matthew 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Luke 7:29 And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him. 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like? 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept. 7:33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil. 7:34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners! 7:35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Words derive their meaning by how they are used, where, why, etc.

Acts 17:11, 12.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and IF ACTS 1:5 is only an opinion , so be it !!

The word "baptisma" is not used in Acts 1:5.

Baptized "with" is a poor choice of prepositions, baptized by would have better captured the meaning.

We are baptized by the Spirit through men in the name (authority) of Jesus Christ.

This is not that difficult. Keep it simple.

Danoh

Baptized "with" is a poor choice of prepositions, baptized by would have better captured the meaning.

We are baptized by the Spirit through men in the name (authority) of Jesus Christ.

If you in your obvious hodge-podge "one size fits all" say so...

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Acts 17:11,12

DAN P

Hi and NEVER said that in Acts 1:5 , that the Greek word BAPTISMA is used !!

In is used in Luke 12:50 , the first time use see the word BAPTISM !!

If you chech the Greek word BAPTISMA is used some 22 times , so stop stop being so CALLOW !!

dan p