Do Christians sin?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christians used to be sinners, but are not sinners any longer. Such were some of you. So Christians live in obedience, and not in sin. What that obedience is is a question to me. But to know that I should not sin is no question, it is an absolute fact. Not just that I should not sin. But that as a Christian I do not sin. Where is there grace in this and keeping to the Word, the Bible, the Scriptures, in all things?

Do not practice sin.
1 John 3:4 NASB - Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

1 John 3:8 NASB - the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:9 NASB - No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.​

Do no sin.
1 John 5:18 NASB - We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.​

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christians used to be sinners, but are not sinners any longer. Such were some of you. So Christians live in obedience, and not in sin. What that obedience is is a question to me. But to know that I should not sin is no question, it is an absolute fact. Not just that I should not sin. But that as a Christian I do not sin. Where is there grace in this and keeping to the Word, the Bible, the Scriptures, in all things?

Do not practice sin.
1 John 3:4 NASB - Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

1 John 3:8 NASB - the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:9 NASB - No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.​

Do no sin.
1 John 5:18 NASB - We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.​
1 John 1:8-10 New International Version (NIV)
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.